Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burwat Champion Replica made by Jason Owen (The Cue Guru)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burwat Champion Replica made by Jason Owen (The Cue Guru)

Hi All
    I received my Burwat Champion replica made by Jason
    I have to say the cue is perfect it is exactly like the original only thing it doesn’t have is the weight stamped on it, which I would like to get done sometime.
    He even managed to weight the cue and get a square peg fitted on the butt of the cue as the originals had.
    It has an original badge fitted that I supplied to Jason that I got from Andrew Ramsey.
    I bought it to replace my Mastercue which I have damaged the furrel from breaking in 8 ball pool and to do me until my Trevor White is ready.
    I played with the cue for the first time on Sunday
    The finish on the cue is fantastic and nice and stiff as I asked for
    The cue plays very well the only thing I could say between this cue and my mastercue in my option its not as well balanced as the mastercue but is just something I will have to get use to.
    I would just like to thank Jason for making me such a lovely cue in a short period of time only had to wait about 5-6 weeks for the cue to be made.

Cue Spec
    One piece
    58”
    18.5oz
    8mm tip (MW supertip)
    Just under 29mm butt

Looks very nice indeed,congrats!

Comment

Looks quality good luck with it

Comment

Shaft looks a cracker .

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
          The cue plays very well the only thing I could say between this cue and my mastercue in my option its not as well balanced as the mastercue but is just something I will have to get use to.
          I assume you are talking about the balance point of the cue. Can I ask what it is on this one compared to your Mastercue?

Is this one more butt heavy?

Comment

I've followed Jason's cue making exploits online. He started very well, and is only getting better, so I'm sure the cue is awesome.
            I might have to treat myself one of these days......
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I reckon there's a bit of a market opportunity here. What if you were unable to supply the badge? Would a replica still be possible?

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
                I reckon there's a bit of a market opportunity here. What if you were unable to supply the badge? Would a replica still be possible?
                Jason hasnt mentioned to me about him having his own tools to make replica badges. But I am sure tony glover could supply the badge to jason if u wanted one. Jason has purchased a few cues from tony over the years and from my understanding from jason there is good relationship there.

Just expect the cue to cost a lot more as the replica badges are around 30-50 quid.

Comment

Working...
                X