phoenix cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Tradition and looks, most players prefere the look of hand spliced to machine, as you say the machinery to make machine spliced cues would be far too expensive for a cuemaker to afford by themselves, however most machine spliced cues are mass produced and are turned on lathes with minimal work done by hand, doing it on a massive scale the way bce/riley do makes it an awful lot faster and cheaper than making hand spliced cues. As for two identical shafts playing differently that's obvious, as there is no such thing as identical shafts, every piece of wood is different and no two cues will ever play the same, a well made machine spliced cue can play every bit aswell as a hand spliced cue though and a well made machine spliced will be better than a poorly made hand spliced cue
    one tree,one plank,one 4x2,2-2x2=2 shafts=same flex,same dims,same grain =same shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      one tree,one plank,one 4x2,2-2x2=2 shafts=same flex,same dims,same grain =same shaft
      Can't imagine anybody buying 2 cues from the same maker which came from the same plank, so yeah in 99.99% of the time ALL cues will play different :-P

Comment

Tradition and looks, most players prefere the look of hand spliced to machine, as you say the machinery to make machine spliced cues would be far too expensive for a cuemaker to afford by themselves, however most machine spliced cues are mass produced and are turned on lathes with minimal work done by hand, doing it on a massive scale the way bce/riley do makes it an awful lot faster and cheaper than making hand spliced cues. As for two identical shafts playing differently that's obvious, as there is no such thing as identical shafts, every piece of wood is different and no two cues will ever play the same, a well made machine spliced cue can play every bit aswell as a hand spliced cue though and a well made machine spliced will be better than a poorly made hand spliced cue
        No two shafts even from the same plank are the same and its a fact

Comment

no not true.made many cues from same plank.its how you make pairs

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Can't imagine anybody buying 2 cues from the same maker which came from the same plank, so yeah in 99.99% of the time ALL cues will play different :-P
            what an absurd statement that ALL cues will play different,how many cues are they,and how many variations can they be?

Comment

what an absurd statement that ALL cues will play different,how many cues are they,and how many variations can they be?
              I think my statement is less absurd than your's

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I think my statement is less absurd than your's
                where did you get your 99.99% from?. i have made paired cues out of the same blank and flex and weight were the same.if you state a percentage how did you arrive at it?

Comment

where did you get your 99.99% from?. i have made paired cues out of the same blank and flex and weight were the same.if you state a percentage how did you arrive at it?
                  I made it up, I have never used 2 cues that played the same. Maybe it's possible to get cues that sctually play the same, but seeing as virtually no one will buy paired cues, the majority (maybe 99.9% ) of people will always say "no 2 cues will play the same"

Comment

no not true.made many cues from same plank.its how you make pairs
                    Yes it is true, no two cues play the same, with all due respect you're talking rubbish

Comment

Yes it is true, no two cues play the same, with all due respect you're talking rubbish
                      Always makes me laugh when someone says with all due respect - then totally says something dis-respectful

It might be very hard to find two cues that play the same Dave but perhaps it can be possible to get cues that play similar-They might not look the same or feel the same but some cues do have certain similar playing characteristics.

I'm not being funny BUT - You are absolutely and totally possibly incorrect maybe don't know might be could be or maybe not?
                      Last edited by Byrom; 4 November 2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Always makes me laugh when someone says with all due respect - then totally says something dis-respectful
                        Haha so true. Always makes me think of:

Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopylewis View Post
                          I was looking at this bad boy:

Love that amboyna burl wood.
                          Is that Ebony butt overstained with Black dye like a lot of those cues from Asia?
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

In hindsight my comment was harsh, Golferson, I apologise for saying your talking rubbish, I still disagree with you but that was uncalled for, sorry

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

It might be very hard to find two cues that play the same Dave but perhaps it can be possible to get cues that play similar-They might not look the same or feel the same but some cues do have certain similar playing characteristics.

I'm not being funny BUT - You are absolutely and totally possibly incorrect maybe don't know might be could be or maybe not?
                              Many cues with play similar but never identically

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                                Is that Ebony butt overstained with Black dye like a lot of those cues from Asia?
                                I've had a couple of phoenix cues in the past and removed the lacquer finish they all seem to have under it was Ebony for sure, great cues for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X