X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

63's with a omin union in really top forms, cant seems to miss a pot. lolx
    In progressing!!

Comment

137. a whipy maple club cue with a crocked ferrule. when I say whipy, I mean there was a time delay between contact and the white leaving the cue

Comment

once had a cue made by rodney hinde many years ago,, waited about 3 months for it, by the time i got it was itching for a game, had about 5 shots on a table on my own with it when my mate comes over and said "lets see what its got" we set the table he breaks off,, i make a 104!!,,,, sold the cue a couple of weeks later!!,,, didn't like it,,lol

Comment

I seem to remeber Teery Griffiths saying that he won loads of tournaments with a cue that he picked up for £1 from a car boot sale.

Comment

I remember getting a Jimmy White two piece from a catalogue my Mum had when I was a kid. Made my first 50 with it Sold that and got a 3/4 Peradon (9mm)...made my first ton and max with that but the ferrule kept snapping so eventually got another (Powerglide,10mm) which I made numerous ton's and couple max's with. Had a few other cues since then...mainly due to my head not being right and never got used to the cue(s) I purchased..haha. Had two JP's since (3/4 for two years, 9mm & one piece for 1.5 years, 9.5mm) and had a good few ton's and few more max's. I think my main issue I have found is that with a smaller tip, the amount of side and screw I could generate was far better than a 10mm, but the 10mm gave me much better control if that makes sense. Anyway, I am receiving my Trevor White next month so hopefully I can stop searching for the Peradon I loved and cherished. At the end of the day, if you pot balls with a brush then that's all that matters. Cheers for the post, brought great memories back.

Comment

20 years ago I played with an old Thurstons and managed a fluke 72 break with fairly regular 40's in matches. I then stopped playing for about 15 years before starting again 3 years ago. Unable to find the Thurston, I purchased a 3/4 John Parris. With a combination of not being totally happy with the cue and playing like an old fart, I have only managed a 41 break since returning to the game. I don't have a lot of confidence in a 3/4 cue. The joint always strikes me as a weak link. I am at present waiting on delivery of a 1 piece Trevor White purchased via this forum. Hopefully this will at lease boost my confidence.

Comment

82 peradon professional, but now use ~30 pounds cue and can make centuries in lineup or cross. talisman cue tip

Comment

had a106 early on last season with mike wooldridge pro4, then sold it (regrettably lol) number of cues later, so i end up with trevor white and knock in 101 clearance in last frame of match last weds i aint selling this one lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                    These circa 2001 retired shortly after.

64 with Cue Craft Sherwood
                    82 with unknown cue customised by JP

Circa 2011
                    47 with unknown cue customised by JP
                    50 with my new Unclevit.
                    now 61 with my new Unclevit.
                    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Been playing snooker for about 10 months now after switching over from pool, started playing with my pool cue (8mm tip), highest break was 48 with that. Bought a cheap cue off ebay, 9.5mm tip, had it about 7 months and had a 67 with it, also had a 63 and a 61 with it. All made in practice against people, haven't made a notable break in a league match yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X