Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-Butt joint

Ok, so....

I've just brought a Mastercue Ultimate from ADR. Really nice cue, will be a very useful spare. Only problem is, it doesn't have an extension, which is a bit off a snooker ball ache.

There is a female joint in the bottom to accept ascrew in mini-butt, but I'm not sure what type of thread it is.

I am thinking it is the one on the Robin Cook cues (bottom of the page)
    http://www.robincues.co.uk/Components.html

If this is the case, can anyone confirm this, and I'll get a joint and make myself a mini-butt.

Many thanks.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Definitely not the Robin Cook SD socket as that is identical to the Omin and a few other Thai cues. I also have a spare MasterCue and I need a tele-extension for it although I have one that almost fits and it seems to work OK.

I do have a mini-butt here and if you send me an email I would be able to send you a photo of the male end on the mini-butt to give you a better idea of what you need. My email is 'terrydavidson45 (at) gmail (dot) com'.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Terry.

Many thanks. I was gonna order one of them, but thought best to check first.

Email sent to you.

Dean.
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ini_butts.html

Comment

Cheers Jaffa.

I had already seen that, but don't particulary want to spend £30 on a tele extension. The cue is only going to be a spare cue, and I've got a load of wood at home (ebony, and some fantastic Coco bolo, sonokelling rosewood, and olivewood) from my cue making attempt to make myself a mini butt, so just need a joint fixing.
          Dean.

Comment

Hi Dean
            You may have missed the Master Cue Mini butt on this webpage as there is not a picture for it, sell for £12.50.
            It does say "Ebonized: laquered black to look like ebony." so maybe buy it and then rip out the male joint and put in one of your own pieces of wood

Also, GBL has several MasterCue extensions available, see the bottom of the Mastercue page on their site, or call them and see if they have a few male-joints lying around
            Last edited by DeanH; 15 September 2011, 01:05 PM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ah yeah.... I did miss that.

Cheers Dean. (still a friggin' cool name you got there!)

Comment

i have a mini butt i got from Greenbaize when i got my mastercue from him last year...its a 6 inch ebony...posted to you for £15 if you want it...

Comment

I appreciate the offers to sell me one, but I really just want the joint (or to find out what the joint is and where I can get one).
                  I'll make and personalise my own.
                  thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                    I appreciate the offers to sell me one, but I really just want the joint (or to find out what the joint is and where I can get one).
                    I'll make and personalise my own.
                    thanks anyway.
                    Have you tring ring craftsman or greenbaize to see if they know?

Comment

yes ring stu green.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Who is stu green?

Comment

Stuart Green at Green Baize Ltd (www.greenbaize.co.uk)
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Terry, I thought Robin Cook's joint would not fit O'min as O'mini's spiroloc is a bit smaller, perhaps I am wrong if you have tried yours and it fit.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                              Terry, I thought Robin Cook's joint would not fit O'min as O'mini's spiroloc is a bit smaller, perhaps I am wrong if you have tried yours and it fit.
                              Robin told me his joints are the same

Comment

Working...
                              X