Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me buy my first ever snooker cue

hi, new here and new to snooker.

played pool for years and recently decided to get seriously into snooker.
    have absolutely no idea what to look for in my "first snooker cue" and can see too many mass made Chinese cues that come with cases, they all look really good but I imagine they will fall apart(?)

can anybody kindly share any advice on what would be a great first cue for me?
    Ideally i'd like to keep it under £75. (would love to spend more but simply cant afford to at the minute)

thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by rsbadger View Post
    hi, new here and new to snooker.

played pool for years and recently decided to get seriously into snooker.
    have absolutely no idea what to look for in my "first snooker cue" and can see too many mass made Chinese cues that come with cases, they all look really good but I imagine they will fall apart(?)

can anybody kindly share any advice on what would be a great first cue for me?
    Ideally i'd like to keep it under £75. (would love to spend more but simply cant afford to at the minute)

thanks in advance!
    Loads of threads on here about cues and new cues.

My advice would be to not get too hung up on the cue, the maker, the build quality etc. Just make sure its a cue whichs you like the feel of.

For £75 you aint going to get a top quality built cue but you can get summit which does the job.

Possibly even may say just buy yourself a rack cue, get somebody to remove the varnish, oil it etc and fit a good tip then just play with it. If in the future you feel you want a quality handmade cue with extensions etc then you can get one.

Main thing for the cue is the way it feels and the way you play with it.

If you can get a rack cue between 17-18 oz with 10-11mm tip and get playing you cant go far wrong.

Comment

i might have something to suit.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ADR147 is definitely your man. A bit like the moustachioed fez wearing shopkeeper in Mr.Ben !

Comment

Originally Posted by themayorofflair View Post
          ADR147 is definitely your man. A bit like the moustachioed fez wearing shopkeeper in Mr.Ben !
          lol i am taller than him!

Comment

Peradon Lazer should be a good choice.
            Waiting for Trevor White cue. Only 6 months

Comment

Originally Posted by White147 View Post
              Peradon Lazer should be a good choice.
              its a terrible choice! i love the term ebonex!

Comment

Originally Posted by themayorofflair View Post
                LOL Love it!
                but concur, ADR is the man to help with your (rsbadger) starter cue
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Please help me buy my first ever snooker cue

You have to buy your own cue, rsbadger...

Ok, jokes aside... seriously loads of literature in this forum on cues... recommendations, feedback, types, brands, makers, sellers etc etc, the list goes on... you have to make a judgement call when deciding on your purchase.

As what jaffra mentioned earlier, you may need to up your budget.

ADR147 should be able to help you out with a decent cue, or at least point you in the right direction.

Cheers!!
                  When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

id go for a cue craft, but it really is personal preferance. as long as the cue is streight and you like the balance of it then its all good!
                    just stick a good tip on and away you go.

Comment

Originally Posted by bensuzuki View Post
                      id go for a cue craft, but it really is personal preferance. as long as the cue is streight and you like the balance of it then its all good!
                      just stick a good tip on and away you go.
                      Straightness isnt all that important.

Comment

ADR is your guy. He has some Cue Craft sues that may be within your reach....
                        (I brought a cue off him last week. Very easy to deal with and (when he can be bothered) willing to help. Just a top guy!
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                          Straightness isnt all that important.
                          well you couldnt play if it looked like a bananna lmao

Comment

Originally Posted by bensuzuki View Post
                            well you couldnt play if it looked like a bananna lmao
                            As long as it isn't massively bent you're ok. A lot of cues have a slight bow to them, and it makes very little difference. If you're used to it, you'll be fine.
                            Stephen hendry's old (original) cue was well known for being bent, but he did ok with it!
                            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Buy the cue that let you manipulate the spins as much or are no quite that accurate. If you choose a cue that does not correspond to your skill level you need to buy a new as it is too difficult to play, or it is as moldable as it could be. And do not pay huge money for your first cue.

Comment

Working...
                              X