Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted : Good quality British made snooker 3/4 cue...Peradon,etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    too expensive!
    How much is a cue from Airin ?

I thought that you could be the roving cue salesman Andrew ........LOL !
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

camcocel:

To clarify my previous posting. I have a selection of 8 or so really good cues, mostly British-made. They range in price from $800 down to $200 and most come with extensions.

It would be difficult to try out the cues at the Annex because of the tournament however I have a table at my training facility in Alma which is about 20miles north of Guelph and if you have the time and inclination you could come here to see and try out all the cues.

I am free most weekdays from 10am to 8pm and you can email me at (terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com) to arrange whatever you like. I can still take the cues to the Annex on Saturday.

I have one cue with a maple shaft and the rest are ash. All are around 57", 18oz, 9.5mm brass ferrules (one stainless steel) with butt diameters all around 29mm and balance points around 17". For instance I have a Robin Cook cue with plain black ebony butt with those specs plus 2 extensions for $600. To order a custom-made cue from Britain or Aurora cues in Vancouver with both extensions + shipping your wait would likely be 4+ months and cost would be somewhere around $700 (although Airin of Aurora tells me he does have some stock cues which might meet your specs and also may have something in his 'sin bin' which would be less expensive than a custom-made cue).

I am also a certified WPBSA/IBSF Master Coach and Examiner and a Senior Coach from Terry Griffiths Matchroom, which is why I have the training facility in my basement snooker room

Terry
      Last edited by Terry Davidson; 20 September 2011, 06:33 PM.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I just want to put in a good word for Terry. I bought a cue from him last time he was here in the UK (at a bargain price I might add) and it's a cracker.
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Terry is not a seller who is trying to flip cues for a big profit--just a very honest seller who offers a good price for some quality cues. I would highly recommend him. It is a bonus when you could arrange to meet him and try out the cues before you buy. You also do not need to worry about paying custom duty and any problem that might occur during transit of the cue from out of the country.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

High quality handmade snooker cues and pool cues are made from premium hand selected exotic hardwoods and finest straight grained ash and maple shafts.

Comment

Do you have any snooker cues you might want to depart?

Comment

are you a french speaker?
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

amazing selections you have...researching my options I gathered from this forum..for now!
                  Many thanks guys!!

Comment

I guess Dufferin cues are still around , not sure if still made in Canada. Problem here in Toronto is that there aren't many snooker cue
                    dealers around , never mind premium cues dealer!

Comment

Originally Posted by camcocel View Post
                      I guess Dufferin cues are still around , not sure if still made in Canada. Problem here in Toronto is that there aren't many snooker cue
                      dealers around , never mind premium cues dealer!
                      Dufferin went under a few years ago and was bought off by a cue manufacturer in China.
                      Yes, it is hard to go to a shop and try some decent snooker cues in Canada (not just Toronto)--which is why I said it was a bonus if you know someone who have several cues you can try before making your decision.
                      Terry likes to buy cues to try them out. He is not trying to make a profit. In most cases, he is happy with just getting his money back (or most of it).
                      I have had the pleasure of dealing with Terry a few times in the past and he is a true class act and a real gentleman to deal with.
                      I am sure he will not pressure you into buying anything you do not really want to buy. If he does not have what you are looking for, he is quite well connected so he can also send you to the right direction to save you time and trouble.
                      Terry is also a world class instructor and a century breaker himself. If you are not too far from him and if you are looking for lessons, you may want to consider getting a lesson and checking out his cues while you are down at his facility. :-)
                      Hope this helps.
                      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 22 September 2011, 03:34 AM.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Matty...pls get back to me on shipping charge to Toronto...Cheers, Pete.
                        camcocel@hotmail.com

Comment

re read item mate, i havent got it for sale

Comment

Gotcha...sorry mate!

Comment

Working...
                            X