No announcement yet.

Squeaky Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for my knees I prefer cod liver oil lol.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Personally I wouldnt use anything abrasive - not even wire wool, and I wouldnt want the odd whiff of WD40 every time I played a shot. I would clean the joint with a damp cloth until the thread is clean then once dry I would apply the meerest smear of vaseline with another dry cloth, or beeswax or even candle wax carefully rubbed onto the joint thread with the excess removed

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        I would suggest vaseline. But clean the threads first.
        tried that m8 and works perfectly, cheers

Comment

I tend not to use wire wool either but on brass joint I use Brasso Wadding around the male thread and the two faces. With regards the female thread, I do poke the wadding in a little bit and turn with the thread to draw the wadding into the joint but not too far, the last thing you want is a bit of wadding stuck in the hole
          Reverse action to extract the wadding, check the wadding and joint-hole to see if any has been left in the joint, if so then I have used a very small screwdriver (watchmaker type) to retreive the offending article. Fit the cue together, undo the cue and clean the male thread end again, repeat.
          Usually this cleans the joint up lovely.
          You will be surprised as to how little you need to clean the joint to get a good shine and no sqeaks.
          Obviously depending on the type of joint, the operation may differ slightly.
          Hope this helps.
          Last edited by DeanH; 27 September 2011, 01:47 PM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, think I might give the vaseline ago.. Thanks again :snooker:
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              no but should work.
              Yes, it does.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                Yes, it does.
                can't resist asking how you get the vasaline in the cracks etc etc
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  can't resist asking how you get the vasaline in the cracks etc etc
                  I don't see how, when I mentioned candlestick. Innuendo 4tw LOL.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                    I don't see how, when I mentioned candlestick. Innuendo 4tw LOL.
                    lol that's potentially worse!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The way I normally clean inside the joint once a month to avoid that noise and using the kitchen paper towel or napkin.
                      Fold and wrap it joint size but not too solid hard though and then wet it a bit. Then you may able to srew that all the way into the joint.This trick will give it a deep clean due to further you screw in it goes tighter.

Hope this would help.

Comment

Hi willtyson, buy yourself some graphite powder, use the very tiniest amount in the female side of the joint and lightly screw the cue together turn it upside down and shake cue, this will spread the graphite over the thread, screw it up tight and undo it a few times and hey presto no more squeaking. Graphite powder last for years, I've had my puffer bottle for ever. Alternatively rub the thread with a pencil same thing.

Comment

Hi, I gave the pencil idea a go and it seems to have worked a treat so far... Thanks a lot guys :snooker:
                          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

https://www.parriscues.com/products/...t/joint_glide/
                            try this

Comment

Working...
                            X