review of "Andy Travis"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• review of "Andy Travis"

Got my Travis cue on 5 September, he accurately done my specification and requirements including weight, butt size, tip size, length of splice, thickness of veneer (except the balance point a bit forward to my order)
    I really love this cue with attractive pattern combination of facing splice of Bocote and thick(thicker than normal) veneer of Tulip.

Excellent service, Andy could always reply my email within same day or next day .Discussing & providing his expert advice on the length of facing splice, thickness of veneer and the taper size to me. Providing 2-3 pcs of maple shafts, Bocote & tulip for my selection, I’ve never enjoyed the same level of service. Andy just spent 4 days to finish my cue, this is out of my cognition.

In all honesty the about attention to details of craftsmanship, Travis cue probably not the same level of well-know cue makers such as TW, DC,MW, RC etc. , but I’m sure my Travis cue has a greater value than its price. It’s definitely worth more than what you pay for a cue from UK. You had done a very good job! Andy

I have 2 cues in my hand right now, Dave Coutts & Andy Travis
    Compare with them with a checklist for your easy reference.
    Craftsmanship:
    Andy 85 Dave 99
    Playability
    Andy 85 Dave 95
    Service:
    Andy 95 Dave 80
    Waiting time:
    Andy 100 Dave 60
    Price:
    Andy 100 Dave 85
    Accuracy of spec and requirement:
    Andy 90 Dave 95
    Good-looking:
    Andy 95 Dave 90

Administrator informed me that as my topic being hijacked, so they closed the thread and ask me to start another thread on the same subject.

Comment

A couple of nice looking cues there mate like your honest assessment. I have one of Andys cues i think there good value for money.

Comment

Again, a beautiful piece of cue art.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Thank you
          hope this one all fresh air!!

Comment

Really lovely design the Travis cue and i do love a round butt ....
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Really lovely design the Travis cue and i do love a round butt ....
              Travis cue's pattern / style is my faviorte.

Comment

Not sure on the Bocote myself...perhaps its the wide grain or something...not seen anything like it before!
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Beautiful cues.I loveDave Coutts work and I posess two Andy Travis cues.I have been to his house to take some cues for alteration and what a pleasant man he is,nothing is too much trouble,prices are excellent and turnaround is quick,cant fault him.The j.peg of the joint beautifully demonstrates what I said in the previous thread about "invisible joints " and I genuinely prefer this type of joint to brass faced disc type joints,the lines are so much cleaner.Enjoy your game,apologies for the previous thread going "left of centre field".

Comment

Andy is an honest , reliable, helpful guy .
                    Keep up your good job Andy!!!

Comment

I was wondering about these invisible joints, how are they different from errr....... haha, joking.

Cracking cues both!!
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

what sort of price does andy charge for a standard one piece?
                        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I would imagine it would be extremely reasonable.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                            I was wondering about these invisible joints, how are they different from errr....... haha, joking.

Cracking cues both!!
                            I think the hit feel of invisible joint from Travis is better than brass to brass joint

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                              what sort of price does andy charge for a standard one piece?
                              I think you can't get any better price from UK

Comment

Working...
                              X