No announcement yet.

Posting/Sending Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only ever had one cue go "missing", luckily it was a cheapish one about £50
    Post office accepted a copy of the ebay invoice as proof of value, plus i put in a copy of the paypal receipt to show how much i was paid for it. This gives the value of the item at time of sale. You should produce the same documents and that will be enough, if they say otherwise say you will seek legal advice !!!!

Comment

Golden Thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't need it!! Might check with Dave about insurance but TBH if anything happens to my cue I'll be devastated and no amount of money will make me feel better. It took me two years to find the "perfect" cue and I wouldn't like to start again looking for a replacement.
      With a cardboard tube I think it would possibly bend and snap if someone stood or sat on it if it was lying across other parcels. 40mm plastic pipe is a bit more robust but the same could happen. I like the "pipe inside a pipe" idea suggested by Dean1982. A 50mm pipe enclosing a 40mm pipe would be pretty strong and not too heavy. More expensive of course but worth it if you're sending a top quality cue.
      For the info of other members. The instructions I got from Gwizz was to wrap the item in 6 layers of bubble wrap!!! How many folk do this?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        Golden Thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't need it!! Might check with Dave about insurance but TBH if anything happens to my cue I'll be devastated and no amount of money will make me feel better. It took me two years to find the "perfect" cue and I wouldn't like to start again looking for a replacement.
        With a cardboard tube I think it would possibly bend and snap if someone stood or sat on it if it was lying across other parcels. 40mm plastic pipe is a bit more robust but the same could happen. I like the "pipe inside a pipe" idea suggested by Dean1982. A 50mm pipe enclosing a 40mm pipe would be pretty strong and not too heavy. More expensive of course but worth it if you're sending a top quality cue.
        For the info of other members. The instructions I got from Gwizz was to wrap the item in 6 layers of bubble wrap!!! How many folk do this?

It's a must to wrap a bit of bubble. i send mine in a tube a little larger than the tubes mentioned, more like a drainage pipe and wrap cue in copious amounts of bubble, ya int snapping that fooker easily...

@golden, really hope ya get the payout bud...
        Last edited by cally; 22 October 2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I use the tubes craftsman send all their cues out in, it's about 4-5mm thick cardboard which is coated on the outside to make them a bit more waterproof. They're almost indistructable unless you run them over with a forklift or something... saying that, the royal mail did manage to bend the cue I sent to Keith but luckily it was going to Dave Coutts for a tidy up before being shipped to france, so he sorted it without a problem.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've just had a call from Gwizz to inform me their insurers are paying out! While it wasn't to the full valuation provided by Parris Cues (£670) it was to the full amount I sold/insured it for at point of shipment (£575) so as I'm sure you can imagine I'n chuffed to bits!

I'd written the money off and what with the who process taking a fair while I'd forgotten all about it so it feels like I've been given some free money which will go towards the Trevor White currently on order

Helen @ Gwizz has been nothing short of amazing throughout the whole process and I'd recommend them for any cue shipments regardless of what happened with CityLink.

Comment

Glad you got sorted mate, that sounded like a right horror story.
              sigpic

Comment

Nice to hear of a happy ending. really pleased for you mate.

Comment

Congrats fella, glad you managed to get most of the money back.

Comment

Also Glad you got your Money back m8 as its not very Often you do! They always find some excuse Not to Pay out or Not Pay Out in Full!

Comment

Cheers lads . . Still can't believe it!

Comment

Working...
                      X