Mikey gonna fix my cue..... Oh Mikey gonna fix my cue.... but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey gonna fix my cue..... Oh Mikey gonna fix my cue.... but

Does anyone know where to send the bloody thing to???

Ive registered on MW's site, selected the repair I need, had an email from him (advising me what to choose and saying it won't be a problem), however nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE does it give an address for the cue to be sent to actually get fixed!

I'm after the address ASAP, and I'll get it out to him tonight, if anybody does know it. (I'm guessing Mike will know, but he isn't online)!

Anyone...... Help.......
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

top secret info in a pm
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

just seen your email and replied.
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        just seen your email and replied.
        MI5 will then come around and debrief you...lol

Comment

Thanks all. I wasn't sure if the emails were getting through mike. I got the address, and will get the cue out to you tomorrow. Big thanks for fixing this for me. It's been one cock up after another, wish I'd never started it now! Lol
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

just be sure to big me up after.

it'll be perfect. as usual
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              just be sure to big me up after.

it'll be perfect. as usual
              umm mikes fixing cues i have a few here could do with some work!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I'm expecting big things now then Mike. Physical proof you're as good as you say you are.....

I'm actually more concerned about posting it than I am about the actual work being done, as something tells me you wouldn't have the rep you do on here if you were to mess up things like joint repairs. Royal Mail on the other hand, they could balls up a cup of coffee!

Comment

I am still not sure I understand why a washer was added...was it like the line up was a bit off so he wanted to add some thickness to the joint face to make it line up right again? How did he put a washer in, just glue?When you said washer you meant like a metal ring with a hole in the middle, right?
                  I am sure your cue will turn out awesome after Mike's magic touch. :-)
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    I am still not sure I understand why a washer was added...was it like the line up was a bit off so he wanted to add some thickness to the joint face to make it line up right again? How did he put a washer in, just glue?When you said washer you meant like a metal ring with a hole in the middle, right?
                    I am sure your cue will turn out awesome after Mike's magic touch. :-)
                    Hi Airin.

When the joint was fixed (it had come loose and was making a loose sound on some shots) it was re-aligned differently with how I hold the cue to how the grain lined up. I immediately brought this to the cue makers attention, and to be fair, he offered to take it out and re-set it, but I would be without my cue for 2 weeks as he was going away for a week a few days later. He offered for me to go and try it, and if I couldn't get on with it, take it back and he'd re-align it. This turned out to be the case, as instead of seeing the grain lines, I now had a quarter of lines, and 3 quarters of "chevrons". This I couln't get on with, as I kept either watching the chevrons and not paying attention to the shot, or I was twisting the cue under to align it properly, and getting a completely lousy cue action.

I took it back, expecting to leave it for a few days or so, but he offered to do it straight away. When he said that, I thought he would re-set the joint, and just say don't use it for a few days to let the glue dry, but he came back with it having put a "shim" on the male joint to align it. (A shim is like a very thin washer that you glue to another surface to take space). Again though, this didn't line up (over corrected slightly), so not wanting to complain, I thought I'd take it home, and sand off some of the washer to align it correctly. Problem is, when I sanded a little off, the shim/washer split apart! I got as much of it off as I can, but there is a very thin layer still on the joint that I can't get off (but I think a lathe will be able to get it off). Thats the whole story, and now Mike is going to sort this whole sorry situation out, align it correctly, and get me back to potting reds again!

The annoying thing is, I took it there as I didn't want to send it in the post, (it was to a local, well known cue maker) and I didn't want to leave it to be re-set the first time because our league was supposed to start last week, and I wanted to have some practice with it before the league started. Now our first game is tonight, and for the last 3 weeks I've been using a different cue to practice with!
                    In the end I thought sod it, if Mike is more expensive, it must be for a reason, so I'll get it to him and get it done properly. An Aston Martin is more expensive than a Mondeo, right?
                    Last edited by deant1982; 5 October 2011, 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                      Hi Airin.

When the joint was fixed (it had come loose and was making a loose sound on some shots) it was re-aligned differently with how I hold the cue to how the grain lined up. I immediately brought this to the cue makers attention, and to be fair, he offered to take it out and re-set it, but I would be without my cue for 2 weeks as he was going away for a week a few days later. He offered for me to go and try it, and if I couldn't get on with it, take it back and he'd re-align it. This turned out to be the case, as instead of seeing the grain lines, I now had a quarter of lines, and 3 quarters of "chevrons". This I couln't get on with, as I kept either watching the chevrons and not paying attention to the shot, or I was twisting the cue under to align it properly, and getting a completely lousy cue action.

I took it back, expecting to leave it for a few days or so, but he offered to do it straight away. When he said that, I thought he would re-set the joint, and just say don't use it for a few days to let the glue dry, but he came back with it having put a "shim" on the male joint to align it. (A shim is like a very thin washer that you glue to another surface to take space). Again though, this didn't line up (over corrected slightly), so not wanting to complain, I thought I'd take it home, and sand off some of the washer to align it correctly. Problem is, when I sanded a little off, the shim/washer split apart! I got as much of it off as I can, but there is a very thin layer still on the joint that I can't get off (but I think a lathe will be able to get it off). Thats the whole story, and now Mike is going to sort this whole sorry situation out, align it correctly, and get me back to potting reds again!

The annoying thing is, I took it there as I didn't want to send it in the post, (it was to a local, well known cue maker) and I didn't want to leave it to be re-set the first time because our league was supposed to start last week, and I wanted to have some practice with it before the league started. Now our first game is tonight, and for the last 3 weeks I've been using a different cue to practice with!
                      In the end I thought sod it, if Mike is more expensive, it must be for a reason, so I'll get it to him and get it done properly. An Aston Martin is more expensive than a Mondeo, right?
                      Who is the local cue maker? Is the cue made by the same cue maker?

Is miking fixing the current joint or fitting a new one of his own?

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                        Who is the local cue maker?
                        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...253#post599253

Is the cue made by the same cue maker?
                        No, The cue is an Aeon (went out of business a few years ago). Shame, as their cues are outstanding. I love mine!

Is mike fixing the current joint
                        Yes. I've asked him to re-set it to how I marked it with pencil and masking tape. I did think the original repairer would do this without it being mentioned. Serves me right for assuming. I always hold the cue with the flat facing out, and looking down the grain lines (not chevrons, hate looking at them), exactly the same everytime. It is currently aligned with part chevrons, part grain lines. I've marked it up to align how it was before I had it done.

or fitting a new one of his own?
                        Don't particulary want a new joint fitting unless the old one is knackered. Believe it or not, I actually like the Spirolock joint it has. If the joint is knackered and MW advises to replace it, furry muff, but I like the brass joints, so would rather have one of them. (I could even send him a brass joint if mine is too knackered to go back in).
                        Needless to say, after he works his MW magic, I'll be spouting pro wooldridge propeganda non stop.

To be fair though, the bar hasn't been set very high by the previous attempt made at it, so he's not got much to beat, but I'm optimistic.

Comment

I used my Mastercue in a league game last night..... Lets just say I really can't wait to get my cue back from Mike! To say I played abysmal would be a massively exaggerated compliment! Absolutley appaling. What's bizarre is that for the last 3 weeks, I've been playing well, its just ever since this sunday just gone, I've just lost any ability whatsoever to play snooker! Oh well, I'm just excitedly waiting for the MW to send me back my perfectly re-aligned cue, so I can start kicking some serious a$$!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                            I used my Mastercue in a league game last night..... Lets just say I really can't wait to get my cue back from Mike! To say I played abysmal would be a massively exaggerated compliment! Absolutley appaling. What's bizarre is that for the last 3 weeks, I've been playing well, its just ever since this sunday just gone, I've just lost any ability whatsoever to play snooker! Oh well, I'm just excitedly waiting for the MW to send me back my perfectly re-aligned cue, so I can start kicking some serious a$$!
                            It wouldn't have made any difference what cue you were using last night mate, you lost to a class player....one of the best in the league so i've heard......;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                              It wouldn't have made any difference what cue you were using last night mate, you lost to a class player....one of the best in the league so i've heard......;-)
                              Wouldn't surprise me. I think our captain fixes it to make sure I get the star player every week so he won't lose and have to drop out.
                              I just wish I had my cue so I could have at least made him play well, instead of him relying on luck and my bad play..........

Comment

Working...
                              X