No announcement yet.

Mikey gonna fix my cue..... Oh Mikey gonna fix my cue.... but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Ant, even though I played crap, you still had to beat me. They can end up being the games you lose, and need you to beat the opponent. You did what you had to do.

Although, I do think someone is telling you porkies............. lol
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

lol.......was only joking mate a very scrappy game on a very tight table, so anything's possible, i was poor myself & it's fair to say you looked anything but comfortable with the cue you were using.

Sure it will all come good, its early days in the season yet, bring on those fast tables with the big pockets that's what i say......lol

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
        lol.......was only joking mate a very scrappy game on a very tight table, so anything's possible, i was poor myself & it's fair to say you looked anything but comfortable with the cue you were using.

Sure it will all come good, its early days in the season yet, bring on those fast tables with the big pockets that's what i say......lol
        I'm just not used to it yet. I've had it 3 weeks, got it, started playing well, then just completely lost all ability to play the game. Its not the cue, I know that, but when you're struggling, you look for excuses, and that is a nice easy one at the moment. I'm gonna be f**ked when Mike sends mine back. My excuse goes up in smoke then!

Worst part is, I don't mind losing, or even care about winning that much, I just want to know if I lose, I've made the opponent work for it. Weds I didn't. I felt awful as although I played you, I didn't think I'd given you a game. Thats the annoying part.
        (and did you see how far I was away on a lot of pots, even pockets the size of doors won't help at the moment!)
        Oh well. Its only game, and I didn't want to play next week anyway..........
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I wouldn't worry mate, always better to stop thinking & beating yourself up over things and just play it all comes good then eventually.

More important to enjoy your snooker whether its good, bad or indifferent which is easy when your playing well & a nightmare when your not, all part of the joys of the game though eh ?

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
            I'm gonna be f**ked when Mike sends mine back
            that's if i can bothered to send it
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
              that's if i can bothered to send it
              lol.....you'll have to mate, can't have him keep making excuses when he loses to great players ;-)

Comment

Err, I didn't lose a frame last season!! 100% win percentage for me. I just need an excuse for plaing like I am at the moment, and as it stands, the cue is a good one! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                  Err, I didn't lose a frame last season!! 100% win percentage for me. I just need an excuse for plaing like I am at the moment, and as it stands, the cue is a good one! :snooker:
                  100% thats excellent........but how many frames did you play then two or four ?...........lol
                  Last edited by CueAntW147; 7 October 2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

It's all in black and White on the league website, but you have to be bothered to find it... Lol

Comment

Mikey fixed my cue, oh mikey fixed my cue!!!
                      He also advised another issue that needed addressing, so sorted that too.
                      Not really worth bothering with the details, needless to say, exactly what I asked for was done, and it now looks and feels like a brand new cue again!
                      Brilliant communication, and brilliant work from a top class cue maker/fixer.
                      Cheers mike!

Comment

Alls well that ends well. Nice on MW.
                        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

i aim to please
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                            i aim to please
                            Mission accomplished then.

I used it yesterday against the most negative minded player I've ever come across (really, his intention was pot a red, put the black safe, pot a red, put the pink safe), last time I played him (not using my cue, I used my spare) he beat me fairly comfortably. Yesterday, he got slapped about for 5 frames before finally scraping a frame.
                            Cue feels brilliant, really smooth, and no awful noise coming from it on some shots. It even lines up more or less exactly how it was before this whole mess started.

Moral of the story - You get what you pay for, and even though MW is a bit more expensive than some other cuemakers, there is a bloody good reason for that! Lesson learned!

Comment

the lesson being - buy cheap, buy twice
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I agree with that in most cases. I shall be finding out for myself soon enough if £220 is 'enough' for a cue or not to end up with something decent.

I was tempted by the Olive shark i must say, but £30 to drill a hole in the butt put me off!
                                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X