Cue Oils enquiries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Oils enquiries.

Hi all, just wanna check...a club mate of mine recently told me that apart from linseed oil for the cues, it is possible to use lemon oil and almond oil for the shaft....whats your take on this? thanks!

A friend of mine told me that he is experimenting with different types of oils. Sunflower and almond he tried I guess. But personaly I'd stick to what has worked in the past. Never had any complains about the regular cue oil.
    But if it works, maybe it's worth a try

Comment

well, he tried both actually, he said there's no problem at all...smooth like baby's bottom...but just wanna seek some more advices...

Comment

i personnaly use lemmon oil , i'm a guitar player and use it for my fretboard and tried it on my cue and it works great and smells good .easily can be found in guitar shops at a cheap price

Comment

You can't compare something that's used and proven for decades versus something that's not tested, besides the side effect may not be so obvious now.........

Comment

i had a mate that uses silicon oil. he clearly doiesnt know about the destructive properties silicon oil can have. sure, its not flammable, but the fact it lets moisture out but wont let moisture into the wood means it will cause it to go brittle over time. causing it to potentially crack. altho it is VERY smooth..

Comment

smoothness is from the sanding of a cue.

The oil protects the wood not make it smooth.

Comment

Regards cue oils, is it not best to get the oil from the cuemaker you purchased from? if you have a parris cue, you should really have also bought parris cue oil; if you have a mike wooldridge cue, i would seek cue oil from mike wooldridge - i believe it to be important to stick with the oil that was originally used for the finish.

Comment

Originally Posted by deathuser View Post
                  Hi all, just wanna check...a club mate of mine recently told me that apart from linseed oil for the cues, it is possible to use lemon oil and almond oil for the shaft....whats your take on this? thanks!
                  If you are allergic to nuts you should not use tung oil or almond oil.
                  Orange oil and lemon oil are quite effective when used for cleaning.
                  Most products marketed as orange/lemon oil these days are actually made from petroleum by-product, not really natural pure oil.
                  You might be allergic to these petroleum by-product.
                  Pure orange oil has been used in years for wood cleaning and antique furniture refinishing.
                  Last edited by poolqjunkie; 6 October 2011, 09:18 PM.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                  X