Chevrons/Arrows on ash cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrons/Arrows on ash cues

Now im not the biggest cue buff going, but in all my years playing the game with lots of cues ive never seen one with the chevrons/arrows pointing back up the cue fron the tip end.

Played with a Parris Ambassador last night whilst mine is with the refurb man (hopefully not being butchered) and it had 6 or 7 arrows really close together pointing up the cue, then a further 10 inches up normal arrows pointing down....the others side of the cue had the 10 or so all pointing down the shaft....

Just seems odd...is this a rare thing?
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

my trevor white does will try and post pics sometime today !!!
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

ive got 12 going up the cue and 7 on the reverse going down
      dont think its anything special just what the customer specifically asked for !!!
      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

I used to have a cue that would probably be fairly highly saught after. There was 7 evenly spaced "chevrons" on one side going towards the tip, and underneath (on the "belly) there was 7 evenly spaced "chevrons" pointing back towards me (away from the tip). The cue was a very good playing cue, but the butt was too thin, so I ended up selling it. I wish I'd kept it now, I could've done some splicing (it was straight ash to the joint with no splicing, and solid ebony butt). I'm sure some of the top cue makers would use that type of shaft as their A+++/Ultimate/Premium shaft, I think the cue altogether cost me £35! Wish I never sold it now.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Lots of rack cues where I play with lots of arrows pointing one way on one side and lots on the other side pointing the other way. So it is not unusual at all.

Comment

Saying that i saw one last night and thought it looked pretty odd, but i guess when your down on the shot who cares... if the ball goes in the hole of course!!!!

Comment

Didnt John Higgins used to play with a cue with chevrons going down from the tip ( perhaps he still does) ???

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                Didnt John Higgins used to play with a cue with chevrons going down from the tip ( perhaps he still does) ???
                yes he does.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Seen all sorts of variants of arrows both forward, backward on both the front and reverse of the shaft. Ash grain can vary greatly so I doubt you'd ever get or find something to be rare. I always laugh at Unclevit when he mentions the blank belly on a cue being hard to come by and rare, yet I've had two cues both without any grain running down the belly side, the one is my main playing cue for 15 odd years!

Comment

Working...
                  X