No announcement yet.

Funniest cue prices thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes the postage & packing fees, the ebay fees the paypal fees.....we're back to where we started.......lol

Even with all this though, must still be cheaper than having a retail shop so you have to expect to pay some fees with all the advantages it offers :-)

Anyway better put your thread back on track now !
    Last edited by CueAntW147; 20 October 2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
      Not far off... only 2 hundred quid that's all...

And it's purple heart not bloodwood...
      you would not get this from trevor for £350 muppet.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        you would not get this from trevor for £350 muppet.
        muppet eh... LMAO.

We both know trev don't take kindly to ppl making it look like he charges more than he actually does fella, so stop trying to say this cue will cost over 500 quid from trev when it don't.

Muppet indeed...lol, fairplay to ya.

Comment

Some other things come into play with highly inflated prices to try & justify the cost.

How many times do we hear ( especially with overpriced Parris cues) save the waiting time you can have this now !

Clearly some are happy to pay a premium for speed though whatever it costs which is up to them.........so is this right or wrong ?

Paying a bit more to get something quick and actually see what your buying can be good & happens alot not just cues, but i think with cues it seems to have gone to extremes in some cases especially on Ultimates on buy it now or best offer, but others put to the bid can get prices over & above the new price which isn't set by the seller only the buyer & what there prepared to bid/pay.
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 20 October 2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

No one forces anyone to buy anything from anywhere. So if ADR believes thats the right price point then whats the problem? If they dont sell they dont sell.

What price a 12 month wait? Probably the difference in what Trevor charges and what ADR charges i expect.
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              muppet eh... LMAO.

We both know trev don't take kindly to ppl making it look like he charges more than he actually does fella, so stop trying to say this cue will cost over 500 quid from trev when it don't.

Muppet indeed...lol, fairplay to ya.
              i never said it would.

it would however cost over £450 - i know because i just asked him!

so i invest my own money to buy the cue with no idea when it will sell, then if it sells ebay will take £75 off me in fees - how much exactly do you think i make? what is it you do for a living so i can point out how you are overpaid?

Comment

The thing with ebay is that most people go there to expect a good deal, and because they cannot touch/feel/try the cue they want to buy they would be more conservative with the price they pay. Also, there are risks associated with online buying that some people would be worrying about such as fraud, postage issue and so on.
                Nevertheless, ebay does offer a lot of exposure that a retail store or a web site cannot offer, which is, in my opinioin, where the value of the fee is.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

To convert vfrom Chinese RMb to Sterling just divide by 10. Still seems somewhat expensive though.

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  What does that equate to in £ ? Can't see if it's a greenplate or blackplate
                  王可

Comment

Any link to cues for sale in HK or CHINA would seriously seem overpriced to me.

Comment

That could be the understatement of the Century !!!!! No wonder so many cues go out there . The mark up is unreal !
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

i never said it would.

it would however cost over £450 - i know because i just asked him!

so i invest my own money to buy the cue with no idea when it will sell, then if it sells ebay will take £75 off me in fees - how much exactly do you think i make? what is it you do for a living so i can point out how you are overpaid?

Thats one lovely cue btw... really surprised it hasn't sold!

P.S - On the 1st JP cue - notice the joint going right through the points of the splicing!?!?! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...d=275218713754
                        Last edited by dantuck_7; 21 October 2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I noticed that...iffy to say the least.
                          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                            Thats one lovely cue btw... really surprised it hasn't sold!

P.S - On the 1st JP cue - notice the joint going right through the points of the splicing!?!?! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...d=275218713754

its the fashion!

Comment

its the fashion!
                              Over time, I think that the points would not line up due to wearing of the brass joint. That would drive me completely nuts.
                              The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                                Over time, I think that the points would not line up due to wearing of the brass joint. That would drive me completely nuts.
                                LOL, I know exactly what you mean, would drive me insane, too.:-)
                                But some people really like this kind of joint regardless of this problem.
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X