Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cue maker uses SD joint besides JP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Are you sure a JP extension pin can go into a Master cue socket?
    I know a Master extension pin can go into a JP socket and I believe that is what the OP was saying but I am not sure if it is so the other way around.
    depends on the age of the cue actually.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

JP has a very long pin. If the insert is not that deep (and most inserts are usually not) it will not go all the way in even if the thread counts are the same. Could you elaborate on the age thing regarding Master cue please ADR?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        JP has a very long pin. If the insert is not that deep (and most inserts are usually not) it will not go all the way in even if the thread counts are the same. Could you elaborate on the age thing regarding Master cue please ADR?
        master cue joints changed a few years ago - i am not sure if current ones fit at all.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I've gone right off the idea of the SD Joint the more you think about it having a lump of metal in the end of the cue must effect how the cue plays It's just my opinion of course but when I think about it I've always played better with cue's without sd Joint's.
          They can be very useful but If you sat down and done the maths a good player will rarely use it. It would be less convenient but if your cue was a 3/4 it would be better to have a long butt made for the cue. A good cue maker could match the weight and balance point so that it felt as if you were playing with the same cue.
          Might cost a bit though. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            master cue joints changed a few years ago - i am not sure if current ones fit at all.
            Not sure about current JP cue joints, but a team mate has a 10 year or so old JP ultimate, and the tele extension doesn't fit the mastercue I brought from you. There is a mini butt available on eBay for a fiver that fits both. The thread is a 3/8 bs whitworth so as long as the pin has that thread it should fit as long as it isn't too long...
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Hi Deant,
              With your mate's tele is it just because the pin was too long, or does it look totally like the wrong size.
              If you hold the pin of the one you got off ebay upside down and put the threads next to the pin of your JP tele do they fit?
              If it is just the length of the pin you can grind the pin down just a tiny bit then it should fit both. Any good machine shop should be able to do it for you.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi Airin.
                The pin on the JP tele is too wide to fit the mastercue, although it's only fractionally wider than the mastercue one, so won't fit in the female joint.
                The thread is the same so if it was ground down it would fit, but he wouldnt let me steal it to grind it down a little to fit both, so I brought the mastercue tele anyway. The mini butt off eBay and the mc tele fit both my mc and his JP, but the JP extensions don't....
                If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                  Hi Airin.
                  The pin on the JP tele is too wide to fit the mastercue, although it's only fractionally wider than the mastercue one, so won't fit in the female joint.
                  The thread is the same so if it was ground down it would fit, but he wouldnt let me steal it to grind it down a little to fit both, so I brought the mastercue tele anyway. The mini butt off eBay and the mc tele fit both my mc and his JP, but the JP extensions don't....
                  Thanks for the info. That is interesting.
                  I am pretty sure my extensions fit a John Parris and should also fit a Master cue but may be not the other way around with John Parris--sounds so complicated isn't it?
                  I chose this pin because it is the most common threads. I just figure this could make it easier for the customers--if they already have many sets of extensions in their collections, probably one of them would fit my cues.:-)
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Anyone know where I can buy an SD butt joint? I want to convert my telescopic extension to fit my new John Parris cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by DublinDevil View Post
                      Anyone know where I can buy an SD butt joint? I want to convert my telescopic extension to fit my new John Parris cue.
                      This might help.

https://www.woodscues.com/products/c...t-or-extension

Comment

Working...
                      X