Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cues. :) Mike Wooldridge, TW, Hunt, Aurora, Jp , Deroo .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cues. :) Mike Wooldridge, TW, Hunt, Aurora, Jp , Deroo .......

Just want post some of my cues. More coming.

Don't know how to post pictures in replay. Have more pics. But don't know how to post in the reply.

Comment

That's quite a collection!

Do you just collect these or play with them?

I would like to hear you honest opinion of which cue maker you prefer from the cream you have there and why?

Comment

More pics.
        Last edited by superman32; 24 October 2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

More Pics..

Comment

nice collection .

Comment

nice collection superman how many in total

Comment

Thats a serious habit you got going there...
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Thanks Mate. I did try every one of my cue. But most of them are brand new. I only tried some shots when i got them then put them
                  away for collection.

For modern cue makers i would put Mike Wooldridge and Trevor White at the very first place.
                  They are making stunning cues. I can't find and fault with my MW and TW cues. They are all perfect and plays just right.
                  If you are going to order a cue from either one of them you won't get disappointed. No matter how complex design you want they
                  both can do a perfect job. I mean really perfect.

All other cue makers are making very good cue too. But may from 10 you can get 3-5 good ones depends on your own luck.

For the older cues the one old H&O black plate i just got from 1blonde is a unbelievable cue. The balance and the taper feels
                  just right. And the hit just right. Tons of cue powers . It's an old cue with old H&) taper with a 9mm tip. I don't know what to say
                  about it, Just can't get on with my other cues after i played this one . I would like to say to 1blonde here: Thank you so much for
                  sold the magic cue to me.

Canadian cue makers are also making top quality cues. Aurora use timeless timber their maple cues have lots of power. And their
                  ash cues feels so solid, i have played 2 JP ultimate cue in my city but i think my Aurora 12 splices cue have better hitting feel than both of them. Aurora cue also developed new finish with their cues which is very shinny and can protect wood very well. The timber Aurora cue used are all very high quality. I think they just need improver a little bit on their craftsmanship.

Deroo cues are very famous in China and HK. Some agent says deroo is the " King of Maple"
                  Let me put it this way. Deroo cues generally are very high quality. He makes some very very good cues and with great feels.
                  Like my s6b it's one of my favorite cues. His maple cue are also very good quality. Deroo is a very nice guy in person too.

But because of the huge order from China some cue makers don't have to work as hard as before to get the same profit they want.
                  They just making the big orders and don't have to worry about their reputation anymore. This however cause a problem which is
                  that they don't take their job that serious anymore. Clearly the new Jp, Deroo, And Robert Osborne cues average quality is going down. These cue makers more like a business man than a cue maker or an artist. I won't say they lost their ways. But just feels
                  a lit bit sad to see some very good cue makers turns this way.

China is growing so fast and based the population the market in there in huge, no one knows how big it is. If you want to make money in there then go for it, for sure it's much easier than doing business in advanced countries. But for me. i think cue makers
                  should not focus too much on the business side. You should focus on how to make a very very very good cue. They get whatever you want of the cue. Mike's cue is expensive , but everyone says it worse every penny. Their are unlimited money you can make, but their are only limited nice cues you can make.

Just my personal thought.
                  Last edited by superman32; 11 March 2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I had 20. Then gave my friend 2 TW and 1 JP. So there are 17 in my hands.
                    Have 2 ultimate and 3 TW coming, don't know when.
                    Last edited by superman32; 24 October 2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                      nice collection superman how many in total
                      I had 20. Then gave my friend 2 TW and 1 JP. So there are 17 in my hands.
                      Have 2 ultimate and 3 TW coming, don't know when.

Comment

Thanks for the insight from your personal experience and opinion.

Now we know why the waiting lists are so long with the premium cue makers as you are putting big orders in!

Comment

Some very nice cues in that collection!
                          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Any for sale?

Comment

Which one is your playing cue?

Comment

Working...
                              X