Different Cue Joints and their benefits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Cue Joints and their benefits

Can someone point me to the post that either talks about the different varieties and their benefits?

I am in the process of ordering a custom cue, there are so many joints available. A SD joint, an air lock joint etc!

All I'm looking for from a joint is a solid feel when hitting the cue ball.

What joint in your opinion gives the most solid feel?

Thanks, good day!

You dont say what discipline you want the cue for i.e. American,English Pool ,Billiards or Snooker but here are a few suggestions.Wood to wood like the old "sneaky petes" these joints give more of the "feel" of a one piece than a jointed cue.Mike Wooldridge and Airin ( at Aurora) both do a very good joint designed to simulate a one piece feel,they are both forum members and so are available to answer your questions directly.There was some good information in a thread posted by "cue in hand" on 16th September " review of andy travis cue".Andy is also a forum member and his joints,while not wood to wood ,do use a black collar for the joints (pics in thread) and the joint looks great on a plain ebony background.Tony Glover of Glover cues can do a true "wood to wood" joint ,ala sneaky petes, I know because I have a 3/4 jointed one he did for me, that I sent j.pegs to Airin,who was most impressed.Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll read up on the thread you mentioned. I was talking about Snooker btw.

Comment

Working...
      X