Custom Cues' PRICING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cues' PRICING

I've been searching through the forum for quite a few days researching on custom cue prices of top Thailand based cue makers (Omin, UT, Mastercue, Unique'HK'). There are a number of threads but didn't see many posts about pricing. I know there are a lot of knowlegable people in this forum who owns cues from different cue makers who are more than willing to help out.

So I think, why not make a thread where people can provide and comment on custom cue's pricing, the price of the cue before and after any designs/splicings of cue makers out there currently in the market. Especially those makers without a definitive website or withour a website at all.

1) It would help others in the future who is in the same situation as me
    2) It would make reference and comparison easier
    3) Cue makers can post their prices here and this may SAVE time in answering all those price related enquiries.

Well, that's the idea anyway....

I haven't yet see a similar thread in this forum. So, don't write it off just yet!

Originally Posted by SchinnerC View Post
    I've been searching through the forum for quite a few days researching on custom cue prices of top Thailand based cue makers (Omin, UT, Mastercue, Unique'HK'). There are a number of threads but didn't see many posts about pricing. I know there are a lot of knowlegable people in this forum who owns cues from different cue makers who are more than willing to help out.

So I think, why not make a thread where people can provide and comment on custom cue's pricing, the price of the cue before and after any designs/splicings of cue makers out there currently in the market. Especially those makers without a definitive website or withour a website at all.

1) It would help others in the future who is in the same situation as me
    2) It would make reference and comparison easier
    3) Cue makers can post their prices here and this may SAVE time in answering all those price related enquiries.

Well, that's the idea anyway....

I haven't yet see a similar thread in this forum. So, don't write it off just yet!
    HI They have a price book on Pool Cues which is called the Blue Book of Pool Cues by Brad Simpson

Someone should write a book on a price book for Snooker Cues that would help

cheers Leonard from Canada

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
      HI They have a price book on Pool Cues which is called the Blue Book of Pool Cues by Brad Simpson

Someone should write a book on a price book for Snooker Cues that would help

cheers Leonard from Canada

the prices change too much to do it.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Well, we can give an estimated price range can't we? For example, Cue Maker X - Around £ 100 to £120. Doesn't have to be exact, just give potential buyers an idea of what they can get with their budget.

John Parris Custom cues' starting prices
        1)Ultimate - £530
        2)Paragon - £420
        3)Special - £340

Source: Parris Cues Cue Builder.

Comment

For example, Mike wants his customers to register before they can see his prices. That is his choice--he does not want to list his prices in public.
          Is it right for me to list his prices in public on behalf of him when he clearly does not wish to?
          I feel that in this incidence I should respect how he wants to handle his own business.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 27 October 2011, 06:05 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I thought this was a well meaning and useful thread to start... but PQJ does have a valid point on listing prices of other cue makers.

An indicative price would be good but can be misleading at times. I guess it would be best to ascertain with the respective cue makers directly to get the most current quotations...
            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by SchinnerC View Post

John Parris Custom cues' starting prices
              1)Ultimate - £530
              2)Paragon - £420
              3)Special - £340

Source: Parris Cues Cue Builder.
              That maybe the prices for you being out of the UK but we have to pay VAT at 20 % (Value Added Tax) so the prices for people in the UK are £636, £504 and £408 respectively

Comment

I dont see a problem with having a ball park figure published for a custom cue.
                I guess it would only be accurate for a few months as prices do go up but the comparisons would still stand.

Anybody can get the prices with a simple email to the respective maker so there are no secrets to be kept.
                http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  That maybe the prices for you being out of the UK but we have to pay VAT at 20 % (Value Added Tax) so the prices for people in the UK are £636, £504 and £408 respectively

and as soon as you add a gnats whisker into it then the price sky rockets.....

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                    and as soon as you add a gnats whisker into it then the price sky rockets.....
                    That's true lol, don't even dare to add a splice or two, or god forbid an sd joint

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      That's true lol, don't even dare to add a splice or two, or god forbid an sd joint
                      or delivery!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

HI A price book for snooker would be great in order that customers can see the price of snooker cues such as John Parris cues Trevor White Woodridge cues etc. This would give an idea how much a cue is worth and the customer would then decide which cue to buy just like the Blue Book of Pool Cues

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                          HI A price book for snooker would be great in order that customers can see the price of snooker cues such as John Parris cues Trevor White Woodridge cues etc. This would give an idea how much a cue is worth and the customer would then decide which cue to buy just like the Blue Book of Pool Cues
                          Which edition of Blue Book do you have?
                          The prices in mine are very outdated, and cannot really be used as an accurate reference I am afraid.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                            I dont see a problem with having a ball park figure published for a custom cue.
                            I guess it would only be accurate for a few months as prices do go up but the comparisons would still stand.

Anybody can get the prices with a simple email to the respective maker so there are no secrets to be kept.
                            Does this mean you will post ball park figures for a custom cue then? Ash, 1pc, 57 1/2", 29.5mm butt, 18.5oz, ebony butt, 1 veneer/face splice.....
                            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Yep, I have no problem with listing my prices.
                              Although please understand that my pricing will be a little different to others as I am still building up experience and confidence and so as I feel my quality is improving and the more established I get then the prices will go up fairly rapidly to fall in line with my peers.
                              Also the below price is for as good a shaft to your requirements that I can get. Meaning I can offer 4-6 arrows or 6-8 arrows but cant get into "4 arrows evenly spaced with the first arrow 14mm from the ferrule" type stuff.

1 Piece ash shaft with a hand spliced butt and a single front splice/veneer, made to your spec - £230.
                              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X