No announcement yet.

The cue that got away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a cue about 2-2.5 years ago with an ash shaft and a plain ebony butt for myself.
    First time I use it I had a 55. Shaft was not too stiff but very firm and responsive. I could screw the cue ball back to baulk potting the blue in the corner without much effort.
    It was just a plain cue, nothing special. Shaft did not have even chevrons or anything like that. However, that shaft just suit me perfectly with just the right amount of spring and firmness. Anyway, one of my customers emailed me asking for a short cue for his student, and I sold it. I really regret it. I think it is largely mental plus I was practicing a lot back in those days--but whenever I miss a shot now I would think to myself, "darn! if only I still had that cue..."
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Has anyone got a picture of this pink-champagne-bubbles TW from DDale?
      Intrigued
      trevor will have burned them it was a shocking cue!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Was this the cue?

Comment

Can t tell from that photo.Need to see whole butt,also can t see any "pink ivory" in that photo.Is that LKT done as an inlay as opposed to a splice ?

Comment

Has anyone got a picture of this pink-champagne-bubbles TW from DDale?
            Intrigued
            Here ya go

Comment

Good god almighty! I know Trev will make a cue to someones own requirements, but really?? This is awful!

I would be cringing just asking for that to be made! How is this so desired?

No doubt the quality of the cue is incredible, but the look of it is shocking!

Sorry, not for me.....
              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I won a comemorative 2 piece embassy world snooker cue and case when i was a teenager. Got £45 for it on ebay to buy some drum and bass vinyl. What a twat!

Wouldnt surprise me if someone on here bought it actually!
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                  Here ya go

holly molly!
                  let's just say - ...different...
                  Snoopyloopy_08: do you have this cue or just old photos of it?
                  If you have it, there maybe someone who may want to buy it
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                    Here ya go

That is awful!

Comment

The sooner the links to those pics expire the better...Nasty!
                      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

holly molly!
                        let's just say - ...different...
                        Snoopyloopy_08: do you have this cue or just old photos of it?
                        If you have it, there maybe someone who may want to buy it
                        Nah, I don't own the cue, but I copied some pics because It's such a unique design. Not to my taste personally but its still one of a kind.

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post
                          Was this the cue?

Bottom cue there is a Terry Townsend, I sold that on ebay about 4 years ago. Rare to see a TT cue these days.
                          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Like this thread I don't like that spotty cue in the slightest although I do admire the craftsmanship :snooker:
                            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Its beautiful, pink champane bubbles mmmmmmm, you boys have no taste.

I liked the grain on the cue too, beautiful. Camp but beautiful-so who has it now?

Comment

I believe this cue is in Asia.:-)
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X