powerglide cue on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    thats easily a record price for one of those.
    Whats your valuation of them?

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
      Whats your valuation of them?
      clearly its going to have to change i would have said about £120
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by limecc View Post
        Hmm, mine's supposed to be an limited edition EXACT replica. It's not maple and it's not got fancy splicing, just ash/ebony.
        yes ther limecc ive got the powerglide catalogue from 1986 an your cue is one of the custom built range, a rex williams replica based on the actual style of cue rex himself used, plain ebony/ash, costing at that time roughly between £150+£200. Hendrys Connoisseur model was near the top end of the standard range but this time in ash costing £78, hope this clears things for you!

Comment

Thanks Nugget. Thought so paid £150 for mine 35 years ago. These maple Connoisseurs should be referrred to as 'Hendry originals', not Rex Williams replicas.

Comment

Not the same cues though...

The rex williams cue is not the same cue as the connie bud, and not what hendry used.

E2A... Let me clear it up for you a little...

The rex williams 'original' is the cue you got, which was based on rex's playing cue (but rex' may have had a front splice added, not too sure now)
            And i think rex playing cue was ash not maple. (iirc)

The connie is a totally different cue in the powerglide range that was simply Endorsed by rex.

Peace out...
            Last edited by cally; 24 November 2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              Not the same cues though...

The rex williams cue is not the same cue as the connie bud, and not what hendry used.

E2A... Let me clear it up for you a little...

The rex williams 'original' is the cue you got, which was based on rex's playing cue (but rex' may have had a front splice added, not too sure now)
              And i think rex playing cue was ash not maple. (iirc)

The connie is a totally different cue in the powerglide range that was simply Endorsed by rex.

Peace out...
              ya right mate about rex's cue, got a book of him playing with it, old cue with front splice. ash

Comment

Thanks Nugget. Thought so paid £150 for mine 35 years ago. These maple Connoisseurs should be referrred to as 'Hendry originals', not Rex Williams replicas.
                Yes Limecc, the connoisseur and 3 or 4 other cues in the standard range had this Rex Williams signature as an endorsement while Rex` brother Ken was one of the cue makers. Your model was a numbered limited edition and came with a certificate of authenticity signed by Rex Williams himself.

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                  Yes Limecc, the connoisseur and 3 or 4 other cues in the standard range had this Rex Williams signature as an endorsement while Rex` brother Ken was one of the cue makers. Your model was a numbered limited edition and came with a certificate of authenticity signed by Rex Williams himself.

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                    trying to get pix from powerglide catalogue uploaded from photobucket
                    Last edited by the nugget; 25 November 2011, 01:10 AM. Reason: trying to get powerglide catalog pix uploaded photobucket

Comment

Comment

heres the catalogue picshttp://http://s1102.photobucket.com/...=DSCN03101.jpg |Hopefully this photobucket stuff works now been messin around wit it for too long!

Comment

nope still cant seem to get them up,any ideas?

Comment

I dunno bud, heres the catologue pdf if thats any good.....

http://www.unicorngroup.com/Pdfs/Pow...Powerglide.pdf

Comment

nice one cally think ive seen this before, this cat may be from late 90s to mid 00s if i remember not sure tho, this has some of the original cue designs, connoisseur, purist and executive tho you could seen they were bringing in lesser quality cues here also.

Comment

Working...
                              X