Looking For a Special Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Special Cue

Arrrgh!!! I made a mistake (memory is not what it used to be) I had a student here on Saturday who had a 10yr-old 1pc Will Hunt Black Plate, ash/plain ebony and I had a chance to try out the cue and was very impressed with it.

So I've decided to bite the bullet and now I'm looking for a similar cue but I expect there aren't many of them out there. If anyone happens to have a Will Hunt Black Plate 1pc with ash shaft with specs somewhere around 9.4mm brass, 57", around 18oz, 29mm butt diameter and I don't mind what kind of shape the cue is in as long as there are no cracks (warped a bit is fine too). Pictures would be good if available. Butt socket would be nice but not necessary.

If you have one or know of one please either PM me or else send an email to 'terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com'.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 7 November 2011, 11:00 PM.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

its not the cue terry! you know that lol

Comment

matty:

I've always played better with a 1pc cue for some reason but switched as it was very inconvenient when traveling by air, especially into Heathrow where you have to get on the tube into Paddington. I nearly killed a guy once because it was so crowded and I tripped over the damned thing!

When I tried this H&O of my student I was amazed at the feel of the hit and the long potting accuracy. Of course he loves the cue and won't sell it and I can't blame him as the cue was bought 20yrs ago and never used and is in mint condition. I was getting better results than with my TW but of course it might have been a fluke so I would like to get one and try it but I hope the price won't break the bank.

I've also tried TW and Aurora to see if I can get a reasonably priced plain ebony or something for a decent price. Haven't tried MW but I might email Mike and see if he has anything available.

Terry
      Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        I had a student here on Saturday who had a 20yr-old 1pc H&O Black Plate, ash/plain ebony and I had a chance to try out the cue and was very impressed with it.

So I've decided to bite the bullet and now I'm looking for a similar cue but I expect there aren't many of them out there. If anyone happens to have an H&O Black Plate 1pc with ash shaft with specs somewhere around 9.4mm brass, 57", around 18oz, 29mm butt diameter and I don't mind what kind of shape the cue is in as long as there are no cracks. Pictures would be good if available. Butt socket would be nice but not necessary.

If you have one or know of one please either PM me or else send an email to 'terrydavidson45(at)gmail(dot)com'.

Terry

http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D1
        h&o blackplate rmb11k

http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D2
        h&o blackplate rmb9k

http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D3
        h&o blackplate rmb13k

http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D4
        h&o blackplate 046 rmb17k

p.s. you need to register to be able to view the pictures in some of the posts.

Comment

arbitrage:

They must be old posts or something and also in Chinese. All I got was 'page could not be found', but thanks for trying

Terry
          Terry Davidson

Comment

matty:

[B]I've always played better with a 1pc cue for some reason but switched as it was very inconvenient when traveling by air, especially into Heathrow where you have to get on the tube into Paddington. I nearly killed a guy once because it was so crowded and I tripped over the damned thing![/B

terry lol

]When I tried this H&O of my student I was amazed at the feel of the hit and the long potting accuracy. Of course he loves the cue and won't sell it and I can't blame him as the cue was bought 20yrs ago and never used and is in mint condition. I was getting better results than with my TW but of course it might have been a fluke so I would like to get one and try it but I hope the price won't break the bank.

I've also tried TW and Aurora to see if I can get a reasonably priced plain ebony or something for a decent price. Haven't tried MW but I might email Mike and see if he has anything available.

Terry
            as you know when ya get a new cue or play with someone elses you seem to play better, but i know what you mean with some cues they just feel right, i kick myself at times as i have dropped on these special cues, but after a few bad matches i sell them, even though i know its me and regret after. am learning now though. good luck in ya search mate

Comment

arbitrage:

They must be old posts or something and also in Chinese. All I got was 'page could not be found', but thanks for trying

Terry
              terry, they're current - maybe you need to register.... hold on, let me see if i can cut and paste

Comment

arbitrage:

Terry
                actually they're doing site maintenance right now... :O

Comment

arbitrage:

Terry
                  http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D2
                  论坛ID:llero
                  品牌:will hunt 82
                  型号:黑牌
                  定制/现货:现货
                  球杆号码或证书号:
                  售出价格:17000
                  出售地区:上海
                  运费:包邮
                  木质(白蜡/枫木):白蜡
                  长度:145cm左右
                  重量:17.8oz左右
                  杆头大小:9.5mm左右
                  握手粗细:29.5左右
                  重心:
                  接口位置(通杆 3/4接口):3/4
                  尾洞:有

Comment

arbitrage:

Terry

http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D3

参数:长度:143 重量:17.7 杆头大小:9.3 握手粗细:29.5 接口位置3/4 尾洞:无

全套包括:杆+NW盒子+原厂大加长

出售原因:本人用145以上的杆子,此杆长度为143 故此转让 全套价格:9000元

Comment

arbitrage:

Terry
                      http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D4

品牌:HUNT
                      型号:黑牌
                      定制/现货:定制
                      球杆号码或证书号:046
                      售出价格:17000
                      出售地区:杭州
                      运费:卖家支付
                      木质(白蜡/枫木):白蜡
                      长度:147
                      重量:18.25
                      杆头大小:9.6
                      握手粗细:29

Comment

arbitrage:

Terry
                        http://bbs.mastercue.com.cn/forum.ph...extra=page%3D5

此杆为枫木 是 HUNT OSBORNE LONDON 为马奎尔所制 但是马奎尔觉得参数方面觉得不太和适合自己

所以我才有幸得到这根宝贝 参数如下:147 9.8 17.7 28.9 四插橄榄木和奥沙利文用的款式一样 3/4枫木

出售价格为:¥12000

Comment

Thanks for That

OK, they came up a little garbled and now I have to figure out the exchange rate for Yuan to CAN$ and see what the price is. It looks like 9K Yuan for one and the other is more

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

17K Yuan for the one-piece but I expect when I check the exchange rate it will be priced out of my range anyway but the specs are right it looks like. Thanks for the help, now all I have to do is once I do the exchange rate see how I can join the site using English only and find that cue posted.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

WOW!!! I just checked the currency exchange and 17K Yuan is equal to $2,713(CAN) and that doesn't include shipping.

I think I'll pass as to my mind no cue is that valuable. There must be a lot of people in China with a lot of spare change in their piggy banks! I could take a vacation to Britain for that amount of cash.

Terry
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                              X