No announcement yet.

Mac Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah and if you ordered a big mac would this mean the cue would come back 62 inches long weighing over 22 ounce and smelling of onions?

Comment

I personally think the name is fine and the badge is fine. Your shaft selection looks really good and I am sure being a great player and coach your cues should play very well.
      I just think since your badge is your signature you should buy a drill press and install the badge properly, that is all.
      In my humble opinion if your cues are really good people will buy them regardless of what it is called or what is written on it.
      A cue is a piece of art created by you. The name you choose reflects your personal taste and your personality. I think if you like the sound of it then stick with it because it is part of who you are. Kind of like how an artist chooses to sign his name the way he likes to, some will liek ti and some wont, but at the end of the day it is your work and your choice.
      Keep up the great work, mate.
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 21 November 2011, 07:16 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

thanks again for all the replies. I think I'm gonna keep the name(I like the idea of the big Mac lol). Bought a press drill and will be using that from now on(thanks again buddy). It's a learning curve for sure.
        I have another 2 cues almost done. one with rosewood facing splice and a 3/4 cue. pics will be up soon as they are finished.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Show us some pictures mate.
          All the best to you.
          Happy cue making.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more pics.. looks very nice
            "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
              thanks again for all the replies. I think I'm gonna keep the name(I like the idea of the big Mac lol). Bought a press drill and will be using that from now on(thanks again buddy). It's a learning curve for sure.
              I have another 2 cues almost done. one with rosewood facing splice and a 3/4 cue. pics will be up soon as they are finished.
              tip - with a drill press use a router bit to cut the hole and make a wooden holder to keep the cue in perfect position when you drill - its easy to cock up a cue when fitting a badge - i know i have done it!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                tip - - its easy to put your cock up a cue when fitting a badge - i know i have done it!

One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post

too much free time combined with a dirty mind !
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use a vise mounted on the drill press to make sure the cue is firmly held in place. I usually mark with a pencil where I want the Forstner bit to go before I place my cue in the vise. I also use a level to make sure the flat is horizontal so the hole will not be uneven on the bottom after it is drilled.
                    A lot of people think drilling a badge hole is easy but you can really mess it up--and it really is a shame because this is usually the last thing you do after all the hard work.
                    I would also recommend that you take into account the size of the extension socket when you make your flat so the bit will not drill into the insert. If your flat is too low/steep this could happen.
                    I like to spend a bit more to get a nice sharp bit and a drill press with enough power so there won't be lots of heat/smoke when the hole is drilled.
                    Good luck.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Must be a horrible feeling if you get it wrong after all the hard work you put in

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Must be a horrible feeling if you get it wrong after all the hard work you put in
                        Yes, it seems like an easy job but it can go wrong-especially if you do not have the right tool.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Name seems fine to me. The cues look lovely.. Well done mate.

Comment

Once you get really good you can have a series of cues named after each of the Doctors!

I'll have a Pertwee!!!
                            One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
                              I'll have a Pertwee!!!

Is that the opposite to a saggywee?
                              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I thinki have worked out the best way to do it now and i also mark it first and make sure the forstner bit is sharp.
                                I Like the idea of the doctors series(Tom Baker was my fav).
                                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                                X