No announcement yet.

John Parris Ultimate cues for sale .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's bang out of order the whole thing has been set up to make ppl think it's an ultimate for sale.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      He's bang out of order the whole thing has been set up to make ppl think it's an ultimate for sale.
      that's the trouble with the russian mafia!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• He has already turned down offers of £1100 according to the offer history,

unreal, parris cues are well over priced buying direct, robin would make you this cue for £330.

One person offered £0.99 and another £10.00, thats comedy genius. how about we all offer him a quid.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
          He's bang out of order the whole thing has been set up to make ppl think it's an ultimate for sale.
          To be fair I don't see how he can be criticised for this latest cue. Its clear in the description that its a Traditional model, all he said was its in the design of O'Sullivan's cue which it is!

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
          He has already turned down offers of £1100 according to the offer history,

unreal, parris cues are well over priced buying direct, robin would make you this cue for £330.

One person offered £0.99 and another £10.00, thats comedy genius. how about we all offer him a quid.
          But then thats up to people to choose whether or not to shop around or pay for a world renouned cue maker who has the added bonus of many top pros using his cues. Its business at the end of the day, JP has to pay rent on a London premises as well as pay staff of which I believe he has 5 people working for him. Robin works on his own with no overheads as he works from home and also doesn't have the reputation to charge much more than he does now. Don't forget Robin has put his prices up nearly £100 over the last 12 months, quite a steep increase wheras Parris hasn't altered his prices for nearly 3 years now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            To be fair I don't see how he can be criticised for this latest cue. Its clear in the description that its a Traditional model, all he said was its in the design of O'Sullivan's cue which it is!

But then thats up to people to choose whether or not to shop around or pay for a world renouned cue maker who has the added bonus of many top pros using his cues. Its business at the end of the day, JP has to pay rent on a London premises as well as pay staff of which I believe he has 5 people working for him. Robin works on his own with no overheads as he works from home and also doesn't have the reputation to charge much more than he does now. Don't forget Robin has put his prices up nearly £100 over the last 12 months, quite a steep increase wheras Parris hasn't altered his prices for nearly 3 years now.
            So Parris pays young lads peanuts to make cues that are only Parris cues in name, they are really Fred Smith/Terry Hall cues! He is living off his reputation. I would rather buy a Mike Wooldridge cue knowing it has been made by the great man himself and not some young apprentice on a work restart programme.
            Last edited by Fedagari; 12 January 2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• They aren't young lads, no offence but you really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. His staff are very experienced and come from a variety of backgrounds, do you really think he'd have young lads making cues and risk his reputation as well as having to oversee everything in case they make mistakes. This is a myth that has been said for years now and is totally untrue.

Yes not every cue that leaves his workshop will have been worked on by JP himself, its impossible, however he does work on the top made to measure cues as well as making sure that every cue that leaves is inspected by him so he will see if any inferior cues are about.

At the end of the day Mike and a few other big name cue makers have people working with them, does that make their cues not genuine too! If anything it should act as a way of passing down their experience, invaluable to anyone lucky enough to be taught how to make cues by someone like Parris. If JP no longer worked there and just stayed at home and had no input I could see you having a point, however you're way of the mark here.

Comment

• I don't understand why everyone gets an ulcer about this guy's eBay listings.

It's quite clearly described as a standard Parris cue. Nowhere in the ad is it described as an Ultimate and nothing in the description is even hinting that it is anything other than a standard Parris cue.

If anyone wants to pay £500 for a Traditional Parris cue that has been sawed in half by someone and popped in a leather case then that's up to them. There is clearly a market out there for these cues at these prices or he wouldn't be able to sell them but he's hardly Bernie Madoff.
                Last edited by Gerry Armstrong; 12 January 2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  They aren't young lads, no offence but you really don't know what goes on behind the scenes. His staff are very experienced and come from a variety of backgrounds, do you really think he'd have young lads making cues and risk his reputation as well as having to oversee everything in case they make mistakes. This is a myth that has been said for years now and is totally untrue.

Yes not every cue that leaves his workshop will have been worked on by JP himself, its impossible, however he does work on the top made to measure cues as well as making sure that every cue that leaves is inspected by him so he will see if any inferior cues are about.

At the end of the day Mike and a few other big name cue makers have people working with them, does that make their cues not genuine too! If anything it should act as a way of passing down their experience, invaluable to anyone lucky enough to be taught how to make cues by someone like Parris. If JP no longer worked there and just stayed at home and had no input I could see you having a point, however you're way of the mark here.
                  Agreed, the "anti Parris" bandwagon is getting old to say the least, the guy runs a successful business yet it seems that for some people thats not acceptable, i doubt he can do a thing right in their eyes. And any rumour about his cues is gobbled up by them as fact and regurgitated across the net adding to the already large pile of BS that seems to crop up anytime his name is mentioned.

Of course, if its on the internet, it has to be the truth....right?

Comment

• Stephen Hendry, the greatest player of the 90's and the most successful world champion of the modern era states that a cue is just a piece of wood and you dont need a fancy cue to play at your best. Parris cues are over rated and over priced. If folk want to waste their money on pretty sticks of wood that is their freedom of choice, and it is my freedom of choice to have my opinion on it.
                    I have spent a few hundred pounds on my cues in the last 12 months and that is my choice. It certainly has not made me a better player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                      He has already turned down offers of £1100 according to the offer history,

I may have accidently..... offered 99p. Just maybe..

Comment

• It is supply and demand. Some cue makers cannot charge that much because if they do they will not be able to sell enough cues while some cue makers can, which is why they charge more.

When a product is selling very well at its current price with a long waiting list, it means there is a big demand for it. It is not factual to call such a product over-priced. Over-priced products by definition are products priced at over market value. When demand greatly exceeds supply the retail price is actually below what some customers are willing to pay, which is why you see people paying more than retail value for a John Parris now.
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 January 2012, 09:39 AM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Fedagari View Post
                          Stephen Hendry, the greatest player of the 90's and the most successful world champion of the modern era states that a cue is just a piece of wood and you dont need a fancy cue to play at your best. Parris cues are over rated and over priced. If folk want to waste their money on pretty sticks of wood that is their freedom of choice, and it is my freedom of choice to have my opinion on it.
                          I have spent a few hundred pounds on my cues in the last 12 months and that is my choice. It certainly has not made me a better player.
                          stephen, unfortunately, knows nothing about cues! there is a huge difference between a cheap jjb sports cue and a top class hand made cue ask anybody who understands cues.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                            I may have accidently..... offered 99p. Just maybe..
                            lol, a complete accident

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                              It is supply and demand. Some cue makers cannot charge that much because if they do they will not be able to sell enough cues while some cue makers can, which is why they charge more.

When a product is selling very well at its current price with a long waiting list, it means there is a big demand for it. It is not factual to call such a product over-priced. Over-priced products by definition are products priced at over market value. When demand greatly exceeds supply the retail price is actually below what some customers are willing to pay, which is why you see people paying more than retail value for a John Parris now.
                              Nice post and reads very true.

cueman, I understand your post and opinions and like what pooljunkie says, there is a demand and John Parris most be making a lot of money from selling his cues. John Parris has obviously marketed his business to cue sports players very well.

Obviously Mike is charging a similar amount of money to John and he has a market for it. I havent had the pleasure to see one of mikes cues but I am yet to see any critics in his work.

Robin was just an example i used, Trevor White, Dave Coutts, Mastercraft, Craftmans etc, anyone could have been mentioned.

I am not anti parris but I have seen one standard cue and one ultimate cue which in my opinion it was not as well finished or crafted as other cues I have owned and played with. For that price I would expect it to be exceptional standard. As well as the finish, the splicings were not perfect but were decent.

Jason Owen told me that he has seen an ultimate cue which is whole inch out. I know that this is not essential to being a good cue but if you paying large amounts of money for a cue, I expect it to be expertly crafted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                stephen, unfortunately, knows nothing about cues! there is a huge difference between a cheap jjb sports cue and a top class hand made cue ask anybody who understands cues.
                                I agree, I think the point to be taken which you already know is that if you have a crap cue and it works for you then it doesnt matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X