Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris Ultimate 1 Piece cue

I have for sale John Parris Ultimate Cue 1 piece
    Cue number 727. It has a red glue marks between the ebony and the shaft on the splices for a security reason against fake copies.
    Specs 59" 17.5 oz,9.5mm ferrule. Sd joint.
    Ebony hand spliced butt with thuyia burr wood splice on the face and maple veneer.
    Solid cue with a nice shaft and feel.5 arrows on the face.
    I think this cue is more that 10 years old, unmarked very well look after.Comes with a leather cuecraft tube case quite nice and 2 extensions.
    £1300
    Can post worldwide.£50. Uk £10
    Last edited by Woolf147; 26 November 2011, 11:10 AM.

£80, I am taking a risk, because I have been offered a Riley Ronnie o Sullivan replica from Argos for only £85.

Only joking!

Comment

Nice cue fedia, but you are wrong about the red glue marks thing, i have same red glue on my Welshpool cue that was made by Mastercraft (apparently)
      Here is pic of Welshpool cue
      Last edited by jrc750; 16 November 2011, 11:44 PM. Reason: pic added

Comment

All the same it's a lovely cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Nice cue fedia, but you are wrong about the red glue marks thing, i have same red glue on my Welshpool cue that was made by Mastercraft (apparently)
          Here is pic of Welshpool cue
          I spoke to John Parris about red glue marks and this is what he said. He stopped marking his cues 8 or 10 years ago.Maybe other cuemakers try to copy his work too.

Comment

the red markings are the type of glue used not for security reasons and john has changed to a clear glue about a year or so ago.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Red markings are also found on NW cues and are the result of the type of glue used.

Comment

Cue still for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  the red markings are the type of glue used not for security reasons and john has changed to a clear glue about a year or so ago.
                  Exactly.
                  It was just the colour of glue he happened to use.
                  It cannot be a security measure as it can be very easily done by anyone. All you need to do is to use red glue or add a bit of red dye to your clear glue.
                  Last edited by poolqjunkie; 19 November 2011, 04:07 AM.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                    Exactly.
                    It was just the colour of glue he happened to use.
                    It cannot be a security measure as it can be very easily done by anyone. All you need to do is to use red glue or add a bit of red dye to your clear glue.
                    It looks like Mr Parris mislead me, maybe he thought that i got a gun by mentioned red glue mark were for " security reason".

Comment

The red / brown staining on Parris cues is simply because it's a phenol / resorcinol based adhesive. These glues are used for their high bond strength in laminated applications. They are very very good adhesives, with the exception that they leave a hideous red/brown glueline, which at times soaks into the paler timbers, especially thinner veneers.

There are many examples of Parris cues that are utterly ruined due to that issue. It looks a complete mess, and is perhaps why he's now using an alternative adhesive.

Comment

nice info trev, bit by bit we all are getting that bit closer to having all the wee ingredients for "how to make your own cue", keep supplying the great info trev!

Comment

It looks like this cue goes on ebay

Comment

outta my price range whatever the case! will have to make do with my craftsman pro ash

Comment

best off mate, they dont play any better anyway, fancy numbers on badge nice though

Comment

Working...
                              X