Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Team mates cue got knocked over last and this has happened any ideas on the best solution for him

thanks

if its complete glue it back together,glue then tape it so it stays in place then rub it down and blend it back in

Comment

Thanks Jim, it will fit back almost flush apart from a little bit which has come out from under the ferrule.What glue would be the best to use?

Comment

i use a caskamite type glue but any decent wood glue should do just give it time to set right

Comment

Yes any decent wood glue would fix(preferable clamp together). just need to sand back and re stain grain after but not a massive problem. Although i doubt it would ever be invisible.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

As jim said cascamite is the best thing for it, and it it gives you a bit of time to get it in place correctly before it sets and goes hard, so you can get it lined up in the right place. I'd also agree with the using small g clamps. Put a little bit of wood between then cue repair and clamp to avoid marking it, then leave it a couple of days to properly set. Smooth it afterwards with extra fine wet and dry (start at 400 and get finer every time until youve used 2000).

Good luck.
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

its going to be hard to repair that , good luck though

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

Working...
              X