No announcement yet.

My Unclevit Cue Review (at last)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to agree with Gem, Suvit was nothing but helpful and prompt in my dealings with him. The quality and finish on his cues
    is spot on and the pics that members have posted back this up.

Comment

No pictures I'm afraid. The cue has been sent back at his request. His cues have had nothing but good reviews which is why I went through him. The only other thing I will say for now is its not the floods. I have a family and only one income. He has three businesses. I am out 310 Aussie dollars and have nothing to show for it. Nothing more to say at this point and don't like slagging anyone, however I sent the cue to him in September.

Comment

Never good to hear bad review of any cue maker and I hope the issue gets resolved.

I know that there have been problems in Thailand so can understand that perhaps there are greater priorities right now but I really don't see how this type of behaviour by Unclevit, not refunding an unsatisfied customer, will do any favours for his reputation.

Yes I agree that there are always 2 sides to every story and perhaps it's not always good to slate Unclevit on a public forum but Chris has stated that he has tried to contact Unclevit over 3 months ago so not sure why there has been no responses or any satisfactory conclusion to the problem.

I really do hope that a solution is found for both parties and hopefully the threat not to refund was done in haste rather than from a calmer business mind.

There have been many good reviews and I'm sure that Unclevit will post something to clarify the situation.

Comment

But unclevit will always take picture to show us .. once the product is finish. Maybe those pictures can give members here a clearer picture of what you mean.

Comment

I myself has bought cue from Unclevit before, he is very helpful throughout the process. He personally went to the workshop to take picture of the shaft and come back post and show me(that time - Red shirt protest is on) .. then wait for me to decide then only carry on my project. Throughout the process i was uncertain about the length.. design and everything. But Suvit is very patient and take his time to explain to me and wait for my decision.

At the end of the day, I got myself top notch cues .. those pictures are available in my profile .. havent try his new brand "C" .. but deal with him on "Omin" and "Uncle Thai" .. When comes to customer service - I'll rate him 10/10.

Kwan is very helpful too ~~

~Base on my experienced~

Comment

Originally Posted by cris0000food View Post
              I wasn't happy with my C brand cue and Suvit told me to return for a full refund. That was three months ago and still no refund. There customs laws have now changed unknowingly to Suvit and a 70 us dollar tax was put on the cue at customs. Now I have spent 310 us or 190 pound and have no cue and getting no response from Kwan or Suvit in regards to the refund. I highly doubt the money from any cues sold have gone to help anyone. When I ordered the cue I asked for a balance of around 15/16. Just before the cue was sent Suvit told me the balance was at the back. But when I received the cue it was at 18inches. I noticed the butt was died and the maple was rubbish. My father owned a Pool Hall when I was young and I've been playing for 18 years, so I know a descent cue. Suvit claims he sells cues as a hobby. What a load of crap. He is a business man and couldn't care less. Shame on Suvit/unclevit and C brand.
              Cris Is there any chance you could provide some more detail on your comment that "the maple was rubbish"? This is a real surprise to me. I bought a Maple shafted cue from Unclevit and its fabulous! Suvit prides himself on picking out quality shafts for Forum members so I'm puzzled about what has gone wrong with yours.
              I really hope Unclevit posts up his own comments and Forum members can make their own minds up on this. At the end of the day it may just be a case of your idea of a nice shaft is different from Unclevits. These things can happen I suppose.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
                Ok perhaps I wont now bother ordering one of these cues then, thanks for the warning. I hope you get your money back
                You should browse through the forum(use the "search" function) and look at those cues that sold by unclevit .. and their comments ..

Comment

Dear Mr. Jaffa.johnson : It's Kwan. He said the wood is densed and with weight, so can't do it below 16oz. But if you want slimmer tapering shaft (which he does not recommend) + shaft action that will come out with more spring, then it can be done. He has no experience on lighter cue. Sorry. Kwan
                  It's in the Shaft

Comment

Dear cris0000food : Sorry but I need to interupt here, though Uncle says "Don't do this". He agreed to pay back for the cue cost at first discussion, though he does not have the cue back hin his hands. Firstly, You did not ship according to his returning instruction, and the import tax is, yes, US$70 which is not at all his fault. Secondly, your shipper 'paid' the tax without talking to him first so that he could handle the authorities directly. They just ignored and wanting him to pay him that tax (they paid without his permission) otherwise the cue won't be returned to him. I think he is 'too fair', as claimed by the workshop, to refund without having the cue back for inspection on the specs. We will not write anything after this one otherwise Uncle will be angry at me. Kwan
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

(from Kwan) : The shaft is selected specially by the workshop. You changed specs a couple times and that shaft is the third one chosen by them, for you. Made with quality, same with others. You said his shaft is the same with "cheap chinese shafts' (why chinese ? I have seen plenty of good chinese cues these days). This is very insulting to all of us here. Eventhough will all these (poor evaluation vs our good shaft + your miscomplying to returning instructions + no prior permission from your shipper on the tax thing + not getting the cue back) he is still good enough to offer the refund on the cue.
                      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Sir : "His cues are rubbish". You mean all good responses from other members are not true, and made ups? Kwan
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

I still hope to order another 'C' brand cue in the future, but will support Chris on a couple of points here that might clarify things.

The shaft on my cue was great but Chris is right about the butt timber being stained or treated. Mine was the same. For me that wasn't a problem because of the price and some posts I read prior to purchase suggested that genuine ebony would be more expensive. Clearly some C brand cues have quality timber for the splices but not the cheapest ones I guess? I was happy with presentation and very pleased with playability when it arrived.

The seller should clarify the quality of materials, whether the customer asks about it or not because a lot of customers could react the same way.

But mistakes can happen and I think a lot of people would like this sorted amicably so we can see more nice 'C' brand cues.
                          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Need to end this thread soon. It's me Unclevit. I came home to handle this case myself. Asked Kwan to stop arguing with anybody, protecting my name. This thing is very annoying to me. A hobby that hurts my time :
                            1. I am refunding according to this customer's request. Though I am still, at this very moment, not getting the cue back from their shipping company.
                            2. Workshop won't pay back to me until they have the cue back to check. They believe it's on specs.
                            3. For Freddie Ng : Picture of the cue is attached. Non badge. Taken before my delivery.
                            4. Weeks of Weeks of delay causing from the shipping company. They wanted me to cover their fault (in paying upfront for the tax 'without' asking my permission first). I have contacted them again and again, and hope to hear something back, last call, within next week. But if not, then the cue won't be back in my possession. But I am still refunding.
                            5. For those emails sent to me past few days : Thanks for your kind offers to give me good comments on my shafts/cues in this thread, besides those already posted. Appreciate all of them, but please don't do it. I want to stop this thread as soon as possible. Not because I am afraid that I am not getting more orders, but rather an annoying case for all concerned. Buyer and Me. This is my hobby, so I can stop it anytime.
                            6. For wholesalers in Malaysia, S.American, and UK : We won't stop your regular orders for rest of this year and 2012. But more terms and conditions will be set up for individuals when taking any new orders. Just don't want my hobby to turn against me. Lots and Lots of happy customers within the past 3 years, and I am very very pleased already. Omin, or Uncle Thai, or now "C" brand. I am one of you who wants to get quality custom cue at a price as low as possible. Customize job too.
                            7. For orders coming in since Nov.16th : We thank you for your kind decisions/orders /payments though after reading this thread through. Though the floods are hitting us hard, but we will still be making good cues for all of you. Just a little more delay.
                            8. We are happy to learn that almost of our customers are happy buyers.
                            9. Don't insult on our cue quality. They are made with quality. We are all Thais. And we know many good chinese cuemakers too. A lot of them don't do bad cues as claimed. Pick the right makers. Here or elsewhere.
                            10. For charity sales : All sales from 5 cues lately were donated to the purchases of baby's milk and medicines. More than half of Bangkok are still in bad shapes. It's a sin to say that we keep those charity money. I am a catholic. A good catholic. My village is hit hard by the floods, but we still wanting to help others too. My family and friends are all helping them. We thank you for those helping our flood victims. May God bless them all.

I hope this is ending now. Discussed with this buyer and hope to hear good news from their shipper. But if not, I am still doing the refund. Will take less custom orders next year. Hurting-my-heart hobby. Thank you for all of those who want to help more on writing fine comments. I really want to stop this thing now. God Bless. Unclevit.
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

From Kwan : Unclevit does not allow me to make more comments on this thread. Can only share pictures of our place, taken only 2 days ago. Top of fence is 3 metres high. Water came down a foot or so. Authorities say it will be like this for next few weeks. We have insurance on repairing expenses. Just want the water to go down. Need to go. Bye.
                              Last edited by unclevit; 10 December 2011, 01:25 AM.
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Good that Unclevit has come forward and explained everything. Hope the flood will be over soon.
                                God bless ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X