My Unclevit Cue Review (at last)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
    if that is what you get for 150 does he make them out of gold if you give him 500 I wonder?

Looks good but what does it play like?
    Well ya hardly see them being re-sold...

And it seems this one plays well too. (read the review back on page 1)...
    Last edited by cally; 18 November 2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Dear Mr. Deepscrew Thanks for nice review. Uncle has skipped out number 1 from the count. His first 150 custom cues are in red C badges (half to foreign players, half to local), and second 150 - celebration - in new green C badges. Both colors are the same in quality. Your cue is from his private collection. Fund submitted to the flood victims (baby's milk and medicines). Thanks all (sold 4 of his cues for the donation). 'You all' have helped a lot of babies here Kwan
      It's in the Shaft

Comment

Kwan please contact me immediately please.

Comment

Absolute beauty ~~ ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by cris0000food View Post
            kwan please contact me immediately please.
            must order cue now!!!
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I recently got a C Brand Cue as part of Unclevit's fund raising for the flood disaster, my one is in maple and is beautiful. Very happy and with out doubt a keeper, great quality its a pity my game doesn't meet the high standards of this cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
                I recently got a C Brand Cue as part of Unclevit's fund raising for the flood disaster, my one is in maple and is beautiful. Very happy and with out doubt a keeper, great quality its a pity my game doesn't meet the high standards of this cue.
                I was going to order a maple cue from unclevit but he couldnt guarantee the weight would be light enough. He said he could only guarantee 17.5oz.

I found this strange as to my knowledge, the natural weight of a one piece cue is between 13-15oz. He must make them differently to others but either way the results are top.

Was disappointed at the time but hey ho.

Comment

I would say they seem to play better than some cues made by British craftsmen costing three times the price.

Comment

I wasn't happy with my C brand cue and Suvit told me to return for a full refund. That was three months ago and still no refund. There customs laws have now changed unknowingly to Suvit and a 70 us dollar tax was put on the cue at customs. Now I have spent 310 us or 190 pound and have no cue and getting no response from Kwan or Suvit in regards to the refund. I highly doubt the money from any cues sold have gone to help anyone. When I ordered the cue I asked for a balance of around 15/16. Just before the cue was sent Suvit told me the balance was at the back. But when I received the cue it was at 18inches. I noticed the butt was died and the maple was rubbish. My father owned a Pool Hall when I was young and I've been playing for 18 years, so I know a descent cue. Suvit claims he sells cues as a hobby. What a load of crap. He is a business man and couldn't care less. Shame on Suvit/unclevit and C brand.

Comment

A miraculous rersponse from Suvit who is still using the floods as an excuse for his dodgy actions. He had every intention of refunding me but since this comment he is not. A very predictable response from his sort. Do not buy from this man. His cues are rubbish.

Comment

.m sure he,ll refund you Suvit has a good rep on this forum and i,d doubt he,d jeopardise that for the sake of one cue . Sometimes things take time to sort out , if he has no intention of sorting it then thats another matter . I dont think he is using the floods as an excuse he seems to be that way inclined and to me . I dont think youre doing yourself any favours by coming here and slagging him and his cues off . He has many happy and satisfied customers so his cues cant be that bad .

Comment

Ok perhaps I wont now bother ordering one of these cues then, thanks for the warning. I hope you get your money back

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
                            Ok perhaps I wont now bother ordering one of these cues then, thanks for the warning. I hope you get your money back
                            I wouldn't judge your potential purchase on one bad review.
                            This can happen with the most expensive makers as well.

I have played with three 'C' brand cues and I have not seen anything better regarding the way they play.
                            Bought one for my father and then after seeing this I bought one myself. Both are stunning.
                            The other one I tried was my friend who bought his along with my maple one and it is also first class.
                            They really seem to play very well and are unbeleivable value considering what you would pay in the U.K.
                            No dyed woods either and both mine and my friends have lovely maple shafts.

Cris has not had the same success as me with the 'C' brand and aftersales is always important but from my own dealings with Suvit I have found him to be very friendly and helpful to deal with.

Comment

Well they have had a major disaster over there that might have something to do with it too

Comment

I'd be concerned if bad reviews were more common. This is the first bad one I've seen from twenty or so cues sold to members of TSF.

Any pics of the cue cris?

As for the hobby or business, I'm not sure. Doesn't affect my side of things though so not worried or concerned. As for does the money go to charity/aid fund, not sure either. But then my road tax doesn't make the roads any better does it so again, I just see myself paying money for goods in this case. Once the money leaves my account it could go anywhere.
                                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X