No announcement yet.

My Unclevit Cue Review (at last)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cris0000food, first off I am not impressed with the hijacking of Deepscrew's review thread, if you have cause to review a product of service again in the future then please start your own thread.

I have not had direct communications with either Kwan or Unclevit in the past and I have not spoken with them on this matter but can I make a few suggestions.

1 cris0000food, if you did not follow the shipping instruction from Unclevit which caused the customs charges then offer to pay half of the charges as a good will gesture for your mistake or if you are to have a refund from Unclevit then deduct half of ths charge from the refund. Can you send me information on hw you sent the cue and Unclevit can you send me the instruction for returning a cue to you.

2 let us set a date to have this matter resolved in full, I think that 6 weeks is more than enough time to resolve ths matter.

Can you both contact me via pm at each stage of progression so I can inform the ther parties of the progress of 1 getting the cue back from the shipping company and Los producing a refund if this is the course you are taking.

Let's have nothing more about this said in this thread and in 6 weeks time or hopefully before I will post the process's which were undertaken by each party until this matter was resolved.

Comment

Well im going to order a cue off you muck and going by what ive seen asnd heard i,m sure i,ll be one happy customer .

Comment

I still gaze at the butt (ooh errr) in amazement. Such a lovely piece of wood (ooh errr again).

Even Dave at Mastercraft got a bit excited when he replaced the butt joint for me!!
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Beautiful cue!
          I have ordered a cue very much like this one myself, before seeing your pictures.
          Hope it turns out just as good as yours!

Comment

Having the cue striped and re-finished by Darren @ http://www.bristolcueservice.co.uk/ will post pics when its done.

Found it got quite sticky in the warm rooms at SWSA and no amount of buffing and washing hands helped. Actually played my last team frame with my old cue that had been finished by Darren and it wasnt sticky at all....

Comment

Ok so here's the refinished pics. Its a much much better cue for it. Made a 30 something and a 46 in my first frame with it, so much smoother! I thought it was a good finish out of the box so to speak but now i can see why you dont french polish the butt and laquer the shaft...

Although the massacar is now darker and not so bright, its looks a classier cue for it. The shaft now has a darker colouring and looks 100% better than the almost bright white ash before.

These pics were taken with my phone rather than the 14mp nikon so not the best, but the best i can do for now.

Comment

Nice looking cue

Comment

Very nice mate.... I love the look of the massacar butt!!
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

very nice looking, was already good but as you say, Darren seems to have done a wonderful job, especially enhancing the grain
                    play well with it
                    Last edited by DeanH; 17 March 2012, 04:07 PM.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys.

Just got back from Rileys, newly clothed match table with the new pro lighting actually makes it a nice place to play now!

Played 10 frames and had a 32,36,37,39 and a 42. Missed some stinkers for the two late thirty breaks to finish aswell, what could have been.

So much better to play with, well happy.

Comment

HI ALL,,,I got a Maple 1 pc cue from Uncle vit too....The craftman was excellent and the spec is to date what I want out of a custom cues and even the splices and chevron is all custom too,,,,,,to tell u the truth,,,,,,I using it till today and just put away my PARRIS ELITE under the table for the past 6 months,,,,if u dont feel the cue power try using a harder tip,,I use a RECOMPRESSED red omin cue tip on mine,,,I recompressed it with a vise for 2 weeks and it hits like...........................haven........to me personally,,,
                        Im expecting two more from Uncle Vit's which is ASH and the splices is redwood for 4 main splice......ebony splices in the middle......redwood for the butt.......ash for the shaft..........

I will post pic when I received it in a few days......Uncle Vit's I believe is currently unactive largely due to the recent major floor and he is doin a lot of charity works and right now I believe is the end of the cleaning up after flood things to do.......so guys give him a break.......the right way to buy a cue is to go there and feel it yourself on the table and make a decision there itself or think about it or maybe later...heee thanks guys,,,trying to look for my maple cue to post it up032.jpg
                        Last edited by jorock63; 1 July 2012, 07:33 PM. Reason: forget to add pic

Comment

Working...
                        X