Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Weight was Stephen Hendry's old Powerglide Rex Williams Connisseur cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Weight was Stephen Hendry's old Powerglide Rex Williams Connisseur cue?

Wonder if anyone knows?

Thanks

Jon

I have an old Snooker book by Jim Medowcroft which says Hendry's cue was around 17ozs. I bought a very similar model to Stephens around the same time and it weights in at 17.25ozs. I think cues generally were around this weight "in olden days". Steve Davis's cue was also 17ozs (ish) but might have gained some weight when he had it split in two.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      I have an old Snooker book by Jim Medowcroft which says Hendry's cue was around 17ozs. I bought a very similar model to Stephens around the same time and it weights in at 17.25ozs. I think cues generally were around this weight "in olden days". Steve Davis's cue was also 17ozs (ish) but might have gained some weight when he had it split in two.
      Most of the older cues I have seen range from 16 - 17 1/2 oz max so I agree with that. 3/4 cues are normally heavier because they are solid ebony butt most of the time, instead of ash with ebony spliced on. Not really answering the OP, but I would bet it was somewhere in tis range.
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

It was 17 ozs, i felt the cue, and asked him at the time of the Rothmans gp.

Comment

Working...
        X