Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Wilshaw Cue Review

Hi..

Over the weekend the ferrel and tip on my playing cue snapped off when chalking..no idea how or why! so over Saturday and today i was starting to feel very bored lol

Anyway i came across Tony Wilshaws cue website and decided to contact him, he replied immediately to my message and asked if i wanted to go down and look at his selection of cues..So off i went on the 1 and half hour drive down..Tony makes quite alot of pool player cues so he had a couple in stock for me to choose from, eventually i chose a 3/4 plain ebony ash cue. 8.6mm tip, 17oz, 58inch 29mm butt.

I spent the remainder of today in my local pool hall and to my surprise..i found i love this cue! the finish on the cue is excellent, if anything to smooth. the cue feels very much like a 1 piece cue.

Anyway..i know this isnt the best review anyone will have read but thought i should write something to acknowledge Tonys great work!

Thanks

ps..my old cue was a 58inch mastercue 1piece 8mm tip 16oz, the cue has now been fixed and is 57inch which was to small for me!

Wow quite a change in specs, I'm surprised you got used to it so quickly :snooker: I'm also surprised you could go from a 1piece cue to a 3q I used to use a 3q cue but wasn't able to get used to it so I went to a 1 piece which I much prefer If it plays well and you got used to it so quickly then try not snap the ferrule and tip of this one lol All the best with your new cue PS: got any pics :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

The specs werent so much of a problem to be honest, i seem to get a lot more reaction with this cue then my last! However i was also concerned about using a 3/4 cue over a 1 piece cue, but surprisingly this cue feels very much like a one piece. only problem ive had so far is that the cue is very smooth its hard to get a grip lol thanks..ill post pics tonight

Comment

Yes post some pics mate, would love to see.

Comment

Working...
        X