No announcement yet.

The Permac Champion Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankyou for the welcome ,Queenbury cons eh i played up there many times on a tuesday night sometimes billiards on the wednesday ha good old days , just trying to think of the players Jack Dodsworth -John Smith- Des west if memory serves me rite , cant think of anymore just now but will come back to me cheers
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

im just trying to think if Fred Batty was up there too for a season ?

Comment

i no Fred was at clayton cons with BERNARD HARNY , Brian Mullaney was a good mate of mine we played many a frame in lillycroft wmc

Comment

you like the cue collecting , had a few mi sen over time sold a jp mannock to Gordon Radford a while ago pearwood shaft 15oz , had a few pilfered over time hate that

Comment

I don't recognise the names from Queensbury but I've only been playing 4 seasons.
            I hope you got a good price from Gordon, I don't seem any antique cues in the league but most of the ones I do see are chopped up by Bob 'the butcher' Akers!
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ha Bob Akers , been to him a few times over the years , he had a jp mannock with the center joint done to it but i think he regretted it really well before the three quarter joints came popular ,i have a three quater split cue that bob did, i played in the SBL , 1980s-1990s i think back then there were 34 clubs but now if its still going i heard a couple a years ago that maybe 12 clubs left not sure really , bernard harny was the treasurer of the league and handed the handicaps out

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
                Ha Bob Akers , been to him a few times over the years , he had a jp mannock with the center joint done to it but i think he regretted it really well before the three quarter joints came popular ,i have a three quater split cue that bob did, i played in the SBL , 1980s-1990s i think back then there were 34 clubs but now if its still going i heard a couple a years ago that maybe 12 clubs left not sure really , bernard harny was the treasurer of the league and handed the handicaps out
                Who's your favourite cuemaker at present?

Comment

the mannock i sold Gordon was the 1st edition before the b&w stamp was under the mother of pearl badge at the bottom of the butt ,as he sold out to B&W in 1905 but worked for them for a short time ,i got a fare price too but wish i had kept it really for collector purposes

Comment

TBO I haven't had a cue made from scratch personally , as i have had great cues in the past from different quality makers , if i had to have one made i would have to delv into it more but im in to old cues really and if i was getting my cue altered i would probly use Dave Brown at craftsman , on one of my cues he has just put another 8 splices on my very early craftsman cue with tulip and ebony and has done an A1 job and the finish is the best feel , i had a black plate stolen and a ye old ash at the same time , ive still not recovered from it and thats over 20 years ago

Comment

ive just bort a Burroughes & Watts Custom Made Hand Spliced cue of Stupree yesterday off ebay seems a very interesting cue look forward to it landing and ive also bort an old Laurel cue of Bazadar thats been four splice tuliped and ebony front splice by Dave Brown ex partner i believe so very rare i think but different anyway

Comment

i think jack Everett made the laurel cue and dave brown ? i will have to ask him next time im there

Comment

at present i wouldnt like to say really , it would have to be a custom one and theres a few good makers out there , parris ultimates seem like ford focus cars there everywhere so would have to be a proper different one off cue by any of the top makers including Parris

Comment

i would like another black plate but top dollars

Comment

from the early 80s of-course

Comment

You appear to be talking to yourself
                                When you say "Black plate" what do you mean ?? which make ???

Comment

Working...
                                X