X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
    I received the same mail.
    What did you think???
    I only watched one video but it was very good.

Comment

No , I havent got a link,Caz , I just googled Steve Davis My Space Blog and cross referenced grip.The title was " get a grip" and it was dated Tues March 9th 2010. Interesting article though , if you can find it.

Comment

Get a grip what are you trying to say. Here's the link that Nic sent me what he is doing with Anthony is what I'm working on. the correct hand to hand distance and bridge length. Hope Nic don't mind me posting this link.

http://www.dartfish.tv/thesnookergym

Comment

The Steve Davis " get a grip" blog mentions the salient point about too hard or too soft a grip,which can lead to the cue shaft lifting off the bridge hand.I thought that it is possible that the harder you grip ,the more forward weighted/biased a cue needs to be to be of benefit,for your action i.e. keeping the shaft more parallel to the bed of the table and in better contact with the bridge hand.Perhaps ??? Not sure. One thing I did notice last night was how short , at times, Murphy s bridge is ,when his hand is on the table and when he was in " the zone" so to speak,he was not missing much.Beautiful cue action.

Comment

great link, totally agree with what nicks saying. think he outlines something not yet mention on here, the dangers of a cue too short for you. i.e having to bring the cue too far back over the thumb and not having the sufficent follow through

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
              great link, totally agree with what nicks saying. think he outlines something not yet mention on here, the dangers of a cue too short for you. i.e having to bring the cue too far back over the thumb and not having the sufficent follow through
              I've been practising that as well seeing how far I can pull the cue back without it going over the V. I think I could go for a shorter cue and use a mini butt, but I think I've found the correct hand position now so will stick with the cue as it is for a bit longer.
              I think the benefits of having a shorter cue means that you just hold the cue at the end and every short will be the same unless you fall out of position. Which means you don't have to look for the correct hand position all the time, the down side is that anything gained may be lost in having to keep using the mini butt. with enough practice I think I'll sort it. I'm improving week on week so I must be doing something right.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                The Steve Davis " get a grip" blog mentions the salient point about too hard or too soft a grip,which can lead to the cue shaft lifting off the bridge hand.I thought that it is possible that the harder you grip ,the more forward weighted/biased a cue needs to be to be of benefit,for your action i.e. keeping the shaft more parallel to the bed of the table and in better contact with the bridge hand.Perhaps??? Not sure. One thing I did notice last night was how short , at times, Murphy s bridge is ,when his hand is on the table and when he was in " the zone" so to speak,he was not missing much.Beautiful cue action.
                Murphy has never been on my favourites but I really enjoyed his game last night.
                With regards to the grip I think I'm Ok in that department, the problem was simply that I went from a 56 to a 57.5 inch cue and made no allowances for this in may grip position so when I was shortening the cue I was over doing it. I think I have the correct position now and the cue felt really good.
                Lots of practice and a few pro am's me thinks

Comment

Good luck , Caz , let us know how you go on.

Comment

Working...
                  X