Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Guru 020 Review

Here it is guys.

The first cue guru maple cue and I have to say its everything I asked for, the craftmanship is top draw. I paid Jason long ago for the first maple cue and there was a bit of delay in making due to my high expectation level, the search for macassar, the first planed down maple not being up scratch (visible marks) and more.

Cue is brilliantly balanced, brilliantly finished and the feel is better.

The splicings are very good, the selection of macassar is a dream, The taper of the cue is straight and round.

I seen cue guru 3 and it played very well but notably you could see and feel that it wasnt perfect. I dont have the same feeling for cue guru 20, my cue is as if Jason has been making cues for years and he could very easily be charging more.

Many thanks Jason Owen.
    Attached Files

Looks nice, I hope you have many centuries with it :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Looks very nice. What are the specs for this cue jaffa?

is this the 14.5oz cue you are now using?

Comment

Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
        Looks very nice. What are the specs for this cue jaffa?

is this the 14.5oz cue you are now using?
        no mate the 14.5oz cue is a mastercue probutt customised by robin cook.

This is a snooker cue / collectable cue.

Comment

Not trying to be critical, how to define no visible marks on the maple shaft? there are clearly tons of grain lines on the shaft, and from my experience of a maple cue, it would be possible to be better than that. Just interested to know

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
            Not trying to be critical, how to define no visible marks on the maple shaft? there are clearly tons of grain lines on the shaft, and from my experience of a maple cue, it would be possible to be better than that. Just interested to know
            You obviously have the grain lines but with maple you can get blemishes in the wood such as brown marks etc. These probably have no impact to the way a cue plays but I wanted one with no marks.

I remember having a conversation with craftsman recently and they say they waste 40% of the maple they cut due to it not being good enough.

Comment

Hey J.J.
              This cue is up on ebay now. Is it your car that's "konked out" ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                Hey J.J.
                This cue is up on ebay now. Is it your car that's "konked out" ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I sold the cue to sellerlast week, providing they havent damaged it then the cue is in mint condition and maybe worth a buy.

Comment

Working...
                X