Jawes cue review.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawes cue review.....

I will EDIT this tomorrow and add some pictures but for now what I'll say is this.

The cue looks absolutely stunning, plays great (Only had about half a dozen frame swith it so far and had a 37, 27, and a 22 break with it, feels amazingly well balanced and is so fanatastically smooth to play with.

Every person I've shown it to so far has commented on how great it looks and feels, need to put a new tip on it as not a fan of blue diamonds at all and then get practicing with it probably for next season as it's a one piece and feels utterly different to my 3/4 Andy Travis (Which I still love to bits!)...

Thank you Jim for making such a great cue!

More to follow tomorrow...
    One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Sounds good, I think that I got a sin binned version of this and mine played great (got a nice little 40 with it in the first session) Hope it plays well for you :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

I keep forgetting to take my camera with me to the Snooker Hall to take some decent pictures!

Have had a bit of a hit with it now, and although it feels ever so slightly chunky is plays lovely and is perfectly balanced and looks stunning, just put a Wooldrige super tip on it and I can't believe how much spin and side it generates, I'm going to have to spend a lot longer yet with it to get used to how responsive it is, I keep potting some seriously good balls with it so that bodes well!

it's 58 and 3/4" long, 10 mil tip and weighs 17.5 oz and comes with a solid full 9" snakewood butt extension.

Thanks again Jim for a great cue that I hope I can get used to using!

Photo's later!

Comment

DOH! I will remember to take the ruddy camera with me, honest!!!!

Cued lovely with this today, starting to get the feel of it now!

Comment

How much did you pay for the Jawes cue? Can't find a website or any other info about them. Cheers.

Comment

Jawes cues are made by Jim Evans (here on TSF), he is a hobbyist cue maker and has posted many pictures of his creations in the Post Pictures of your cues thread as well some other threads. A search will find these for you.
            all the best
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

DWOT:

How about tying your effing camera to your cue case so we can see some pictures?

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I knew I had something to do on here!

Comment

Lookin' good! I'm working with Jim and his mentor on a cue right now, but not as fancy as this one - just a plain ebony butt but I hope the shaft is as good as yours looks!

Terry
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Jim is making some nice looking cues these days, and his mentor Ron Grayson is a well respected cue maker in sheffield whom i have had the pleasure of buying some lovely cues of over the years as my grandmother lived next door to Ron. Keep up the good work JIM.

Comment

The cue is quality and should proably be in the hands of somebody far more capable than I am (There I go again putting myself down!!!), however, I hope to do it justice and am getting to grips with it bit my bit as well as the new grip etc from the coach. MOT next week and I know I am improving, long way to go though!

Did I say the cue was super smooth?

Comment

Working...
                      X