Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know this make of

anybody know this make of cue

I know there's a club in Romford called the Lucania, maybe it's linked to them? I also found this site and under 'K177' is another cue called the Lucania but with a different style badge. Hope this helps a bit :snooker: http://www.billiards-snooker.com/oldcues1.htm
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

That's a topical item. You have a cue made for The Lucania Temperance Billiard Halls, which adopted that name in 1909, albeit this particular item is somewhat later in date. The interest comes in the connection of this company to Barry Hearn, this being one of his first big snooker deals. He took over the failing company in 1975, subsequently selling 16 of the 17 clubs in the chain to Riley Leisure for £3.1 million in 1982. The club he retained was in Romford which will be forever connected with Steve Davis.

They had their headquarters at the St. Mark's Road address from about 1934 to the early 1960s and I guess the cue could come from any time within these dates.

Comment

Very informative as ever Peter. I believe the cue is probably the early part of your estimate C' 1930 -40. as much due to the Butt shape as anything which is the distinctive Mace Billiard style. The later temperance cues have a round disc as K 177 mentioned with the name Temperance billiard Halls on the plate. F.

Comment

Working...
        X