• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by slg1972 View Post
    yes this new parris cue looks 1pc not jointed
    lol - was going to mention this!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The joint was about 2" above the top of the splices .......i think .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        The joint was about 2" above the top of the splices .......i think .
        your correct Neil, defiantly has a joint

Comment

Remember the commentators a few years back saying that if you saw Mark Williams cueing up in a club and didnt recognise him then his style and stance is so gangly that you would happily offer him a money game believing that he couldnt possibly hit a cow with a cricket bat. Always made me laugh that one.
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Basically, if I understand this correctly, Mark Williams is not using any cue made by Craftsman and certainly not using a cue that looks like any of the Mark Williams replica cues. If he has just changed his spec then these replica cues are not even built to the same spec as Mark's current playing cue.

It really is none of my business but just thinking perhaps marketing them as a line of cues endrosed by Mark Williams would be more appropriate than calling them replica of his cue. If someone buys one of these believing that he is buying a cue that is supposed to look like Mark's cue with the same dimension then find out on TV he is using a very different cue he may not be very happy.
            None of those cues are made by Craftsman, they're made by Pheonix.

Considering the effort put in to developing this range and marketing it, if Mark has changed his cue and his specs, it looks like they've been royally shafted, certainly nothing you could hold against them. If anyone wants their money back because it's not a replica of his current cue, they're a tool and should stop playing this game immediately.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
              certainly nothing you could hold against them.
              May be so...I dont know...

This is what they say about the replica cue on the site: Cue No.2 was is the Mark Williams replica cue. We weighed & measured every part of Marks cue. This is an exact replica of what he uses today. 3/4 Ash & Ebony hand spliced cue with high butt joint at 18 3/4" to help make the cue more forward weighted.

I had no idea they are actually made in Thailand; not by Craftsman, until you pointed it out.

"Craftsman Cues are now proud to be presenting a new range of Mark Williams Cues. Working closely with 2000 & 2003 World Champion - Mark J Williams we have designed 6 cues made to the highest standards to cover all tastes."

When I read the above I just assumed the cues are made by Craftsman.

I was not really thinking someone might want their money back, what I said was someone might be quite upset if he finds out the cue he purchased (which was advertised as same as what Marlk is playing with right now) does not even look like his current cue.

I was merely expressing my opinion that perhaps it would be better if the cues were marketed as a line endorsed by Mark without mentioning the replica part.
              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 18 January 2012, 05:11 AM.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                None of those cues are made by Craftsman, they're made by Pheonix.

Considering the effort put in to developing this range and marketing it, if Mark has changed his cue and his specs, it looks like they've been royally shafted, certainly nothing you could hold against them. If anyone wants their money back because it's not a replica of his current cue, they're a tool and should stop playing this game immediately.
                I got a chance to play with the replica, I can says it has an awesome spec. Balance is really nice. It feels lighter than 18oz. Shot is easy and quite powerful for a slim (not thatreally slim) taper cue. Butt is ergonomic . If I were to get a custom cue in the future it will be of the same spec but I doubt I can get the same balance for a one piece cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  May be so...I dont know...

This is what they say about the replica cue on the site: Cue No.2 was is the Mark Williams replica cue. We weighed & measured every part of Marks cue. This is an exact replica of what he uses today. 3/4 Ash & Ebony hand spliced cue with high butt joint at 18 3/4" to help make the cue more forward weighted.

I had no idea they are actually made in Thailand; not by Craftsman, until you pointed it out.

"Craftsman Cues are now proud to be presenting a new range of Mark Williams Cues. Working closely with 2000 & 2003 World Champion - Mark J Williams we have designed 6 cues made to the highest standards to cover all tastes."

When I read the above I just assumed the cues are made by Craftsman.

I was not really thinking someone might want their money back, what I said was someone might be quite upset if he finds out the cue he purchased (which was advertised as same as what Marlk is playing with right now) does not even look like his current cue.

I was merely expressing my opinion that perhaps it would be better if the cues were marketed as a line endorsed by Mark without mentioning the replica part.
                  They are... its only the "replica" model that is advertised as a replica of his specs, and it IS a replica of the cue he used at the time (and may go back to again!). Can't imagine Mark has had this new cue made to massively different specs anyway to be honest.. even if it looks different.

Regardless when they're made, as an off the shelf cue rather than a custom made - the Pheonix cues are up there with the best.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Old cue collector --
                  Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                  (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Agree, these Pheonix cues look very nice in the pictures.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X