Cue 038 - Padauk lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue 038 - Padauk lovers

its been 11 months now since my first attempt at making a cue. 20 cues later and this is the latest...
    Padauk and ebony alternate splices
    57 inch, 18oz, 29mm/9.5mm

I know im still on basic designs bit all will come in time.

Cue 038

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

looks very good that jason ebony and padouka mix very well

Comment

Very nice, like Jim said the colours go together very well! :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Nice grain too.

Comment

Yes Very Nice Grain will be Nice Cue for Somebody.

Comment

Looks great muck

Comment

Have to agree with the others the grain looks very nice. In fact I've noticed that the majority of your cues have exceptional quality straight grain, are you ripping through a lot of ash to get this quality or is this just a random selection and its just coincidence? It makes me chuckle to think some cue makers would charge a premium to get grain quality like this yet a relative novice at cue making is producing cues visually on a par with many top brand cue makers.

Comment

I gotta agree with Cueman above regarding Straight Nice Grain as Most Cue Makers are saying you would only get between 7-10 of these Great Straight Grain with Nice Arrows out of 100 Pieces! Thats why they are Charging More when Ordering a Cue when you ask for Nice Arrows like I do everytime.

Has anybody got anymore info on this!

Comment

very nice cue.

Comment

looks rubbish

Comment

I get ash in batches of 20 pieces and I'd say 4 are high end grain patterns, 6 are usable and ok, the rest are pretty much no good visually.
                      The trouble is most of the ash is playable just not visually pleasing.
                      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Don't know why but not to my taste this time bud.
                        Think it's the 2 colours in alternative splices I'm not keen on. Prefer them all the same, but that's just me!
                        Out of curiosity, what's happening to all the cues in between? You seem to be jumping in numbers, like 31, the next it's 38. What's happening to 32-37? (example numbers). The shafts you seem to get always do look great though. I think you've found gold there.
                        I've never been bothered about "arrows" though. A tight grain on the side is what I prefer. The "arrows" can be wonky as hell for all I care. As you say though, it seems that the less "visually pleasing" grain patterns seem to play better!
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Nice work you can be proud of that.The workmanship is top class pay no attention to anyone who knocks it.

Comment

Hi Dean1982
                            not sure if you know this site, but Jason lists his creations here (not updated yet with this 038 )
                            http://cuegurucues.weebly.com/cue-register.html
                            I believe that the numbers missing are custom orders and probably waiting for some stock to complete or something like that.
                            cheers
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Available to buy, if so what price?

Looks a cracker

Comment

Working...
                              X