No announcement yet.

Cue 038 - Padauk lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful , reminds me of the alternate main splices on an old Thurstons I own.Think I have seen a Non Pareil done the same as well.also Jim crafted me a cue with ebony and purpleheart alternate splices ,a work in progress but plays well.Thanks Jim. Jason I love seeing work like this,different but elegant.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Hi Dean1982
      not sure if you know this site, but Jason lists his creations here (not updated yet with this 038 )
      http://cuegurucues.weebly.com/cue-register.html
      I believe that the numbers missing are custom orders and probably waiting for some stock to complete or something like that.
      cheers
      Yep thats about right, I have orders for all the numbers in between but in the main they have requested certain number of arrows etc so they have to wait until a shaft comes along that suits there needs. I dont mind this type of request as long as the customer understands that my incoming ash is very limited and so it will take time to find what they need.

There is also numbers 007 (Jim Evans), 008 (Hotpot), 027 (Old School) and 029 (a Friend) which have been reserved by friends who wanted that particular number and are waiting until I clear the backog and will then hopefully place an order to make them that cue.
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Jason , what do you mean " hopefully place an order to make them that cue" ? I am 100% ordering a cue when you have cleared your backlog.LoL !!! I cant speak for Jim or Hotpot ,but for myself I will wait as long as it takes,anticipation is just as seductive as the reveal and I am more than sure that the wait will be worth it.
        Last edited by old school; 21 January 2012, 11:48 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

I love this cue
          But i would of had the ebony to the top and bottom, with the red to the sides

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            I love this cue
            Thought you'd like this one bud...

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              I love this cue
              You know what, I stood over the bench looking the woods before I spliced it and couldnt make up my mind which way round to go. I thought that the Padauk might look a little lost on the sides and not much of the pattern would show so went for it on top.
              I also considered splicing again with lower splices but the other way round so black on the front / back and red on the sides but thought it may look cheap and wasnt wortht the extra bother.
              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

you mean similar to thiso/020-12.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X