Help! Loose joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Loose joint

Hi... my 3/4 cue joint on the shaft side came slightly loose. Just slightly, no noticeable gap but it sounds awfully tinny when hitting the cue ball.

Is there any way I can fix it without taking it to a workshop?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/cuejoint.jpg/

Thank you.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

If you don't want to go to the expense of getting the joint replaced try a little piece of paper cut into the shape of a washer.

Comment

Firslty I would ask the question how you know for sure its the joint?

Could it be a loose weight or ferrule?

There was a similar thread on here recently where a 3/4 had stuck together. if you apply heat gently this will loosen the glue and you could then reglue it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        If you don't want to go to the expense of getting the joint replaced try a little piece of paper cut into the shape of a washer.
        Thanks for the suggestion Bigmeek... Just tried that but there isn't space to fit.

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
        Firslty I would ask the question how you know for sure its the joint?

Could it be a loose weight or ferrule?

There was a similar thread on here recently where a 3/4 had stuck together. if you apply heat gently this will loosen the glue and you could then reglue it.
        I can shift the joint slightly, maybe just 2mm clockwise and anti-clockwise, so I know it's loose... I'm thinking of heating it with a soldering iron to try to loosen it further in order to apply the glue.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

If you really love the cue, send it to someone to have it repaired properly.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
            If you really love the cue, send it to someone to have it repaired properly.
            I've made some good breaks with it and it has a lovely finish. It's not an expensive cue though. I was hoping to fix it myself if it's not too complicated or difficult to do.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
              I've made some good breaks with it and it has a lovely finish. It's not an expensive cue though. I was hoping to fix it myself if it's not too complicated or difficult to do.
              it's your joint that is coming loose.

u can go klassic look for ricky chew. locally in sg, he should be able to repair it.

else the q shop, look for paul pang. but i m not sure if paul is still involved in snooker any more, i would guess they are more into pool now.

my own o'min cue is also having joint loose issue, but that cue is now at master cue where ukrit is repairing it for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by wink View Post
                it's your joint that is coming loose.

u can go klassic look for ricky chew. locally in sg, he should be able to repair it.

else the q shop, look for paul pang. but i m not sure if paul is still involved in snooker any more, i would guess they are more into pool now.

my own o'min cue is also having joint loose issue, but that cue is now at master cue where ukrit is repairing it for me.
                Thanks for the info Wink, I know the two and may probably try to get Paul to take a look if I can't DIY.

I've also thought about sending it to Ukrit but that would easily cost around $100 both ways for the courier.

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                  Thanks for the info Wink, I know the two and may probably try to get Paul to take a look if I can't DIY.

I've also thought about sending it to Ukrit but that would easily cost around $100 both ways for the courier.
                  postage to and fro should not be that much. pro cost about S$70 +/- both ways.

anyway, ukrit is super busy now. my cues have been with him for a month and the repairs are still not ready yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by wink View Post
                    postage to and fro should not be that much. pro cost about S$70 +/- both ways.

anyway, ukrit is super busy now. my cues have been with him for a month and the repairs are still not ready yet.
                    Yup, cue makers seem to be awful busy nowadays. Must be the China orders.

Comment

Working...
                    X