help valuing club cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help valuing club cues

Hi our club has had a cull of cues ,that have been literally hanging around , old members the deceased etc .
    They have all been entered into a blind bid, the funds going to a local charitable organisation .
    Could any member of the forum ,give a valuation to the cues listed below, as i wish the charity to fully benefit from this windfall. Im no expert and i believe there are no gem's in my list ,but any help would be most appreciated .
    ps [ these cue's are only for sale to members of our club only ]

all cues are 1 piece 58 "

1 black arrow 1 piece 16 oz 57/58 inch * ive not measured exactly

2 orme and son ash 16 oz

3. joe davies 147 cue champion 17 oz

4. eralc ash eclare 17 oz

5 . riley match cue red plate 18 oz

6. rex williams powerglide 17 0z silver plate on butt

7. orme and son 17.5 oz

8 harold hall 17 oz

help would be most welcome as stated no bids its just in house but we want a fair price

regards
    Last edited by highbreak 8; 24 January 2012, 01:12 AM. Reason: spelling mistake" and punctuation

I'm guessing it will just depend if the cues are still in good state. Ie -straight for starters.

Comment

It will definately depend on Condition and lastly a Cue is Only Worth what a Person is prepared to Pay for it!

I have had late 1800's Cues etc and was Offerd Pennies which I would Rather Keep than sell for that but everybody is different.

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
        Hi our club has had a cull of cues ,that have been literally hanging around , old members the deceased etc .
        They have all been entered into a blind bid, the funds going to a local charitable organisation .
        Could any member of the forum ,give a valuation to the cues listed below, as i wish the charity to fully benefit from this windfall. Im no expert and i believe there are no gem's in my list ,but any help would be most appreciated .
        ps [ these cue's are only for sale to members of our club only ]

all cues are 1 piece 58 "

1 black arrow 1 piece 16 oz 57/58 inch * ive not measured exactly

2 orme and son ash 16 oz

3. joe davies 147 cue champion 17 oz

4. eralc ash eclare 17 oz

5 . riley match cue red plate 18 oz

6. rex williams powerglide 17 0z silver plate on butt

7. orme and son 17.5 oz

8 harold hall 17 oz

help would be most welcome as stated no bids its just in house but we want a fair price

regards

Craftsman have a hand spliced black arrow cue, up for sale on their website for ~£195... it has been there about 4 years though, so I don't think it's worth that, might go for £120 ebay at current prices... might not too.

Of the rest nothing really stands out, £50 for the JD 147 if its a player. Would need to know if the Ormes were hand spliced and which model (if any), even if hand spliced if they're just the stamped cues or the one's with the feathers crest they're only going for £40-£50 anyway these days!

Pics may help!

Our local club has about 30 unclaimed cues, and it was agreed some time ago they'd be put aside for 3-6 months and any left untraced auctioned to members. The problem is, being a member of this club and team... if there's anything half decent I'll end up picking it up for next to nothing because we only about about 20 members who'd be interested, and those that are would never pay more than say £50 tops for a cue.

I offered to value them and pay market rates for anything I might want, or sell them on the clubs behalf for those I dont... still waiting!!
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X