• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi andy as soon as you have enuf posts i will pm you,jim

Comment

ok jim, look forward to it

Comment

I agree with adr that a trip to craftsman or greenbaize where you can try cues out and pick what feels best for you on the table could be best option.

As for length, you say u had a 49 inch cue with 6 inch extension always in, I make that 55 inch.

By the sounds of it you want one cue length for pool and one for snooker with money no object, you could get 2 cue butts and one shaft.

One cue butt giving you length and weight for pool, the other giving you weight and length for snooker.

Then you could have mini and extensions to fit same sd joint which is in both your butts.

If u playing with same shaft for snooker and pool i recommend you go with 9mm tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
          I agree with adr that a trip to craftsman or greenbaize where you can try cues out and pick what feels best for you on the table could be best option.

As for length, you say u had a 49 inch cue with 6 inch extension always in, I make that 55 inch.

By the sounds of it you want one cue length for pool and one for snooker with money no object, you could get 2 cue butts and one shaft.

One cue butt giving you length and weight for pool, the other giving you weight and length for snooker.

Then you could have mini and extensions to fit same sd joint which is in both your butts.

If u playing with same shaft for snooker and pool i recommend you go with 9mm tip.

I had not even considered than option, brutal plan thx jaffa!
          Wicked Idea, and yeah, that would be the ideal solution indeed

Nice 1

Comment

Andy , Craftsman cues at Kippax is the way to go.Their mini butts are 6" and will fit the shaft , to make a short " pub" cue.So you design the cue , say to a standard 57"-58" ,Dave can "custom build " to your exact specs,you buy a mini butt and if you need it ,unscrew the main butt,screw the mini butt to the shaft et voila,a short cue.If you want to spend more money then Mike Wooldridge s Shark series at around £180 ish could be another option.His mini butts also fit his shafts and give a nominal playing length of about 51" ( Mike will correct me if I am wrong).So if you bought the package from MW, you get playing cue of whatever length e.g. 57", one mini butt and one tele extention ( both of which fit shaft or main butt) and you have a very versatile cue indeed.There are other cue makers and forum members who could also do the job,worth keeping your options open though.I would advise designing and ordering a standard length cue and going down the " mini butt to shaft route" because if you can not get on with it,it has a re-sale value.I think it would be hard to sell too short a cue.Hope this helps.

Comment

I am very sure I have a cue around 51-52" mark somewhere in the shop partially finished, it was done in a JP Traditional style with a front tulip and a thick maple veneer--but it is a one piece.... O well, never mind.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Is it for sale airin??

Comment

Working...
                X