help needed to pic new cue design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed to pic new cue design

hey i am going to ordder a new cue not sure who with yet robin cook or trevor white but not sure what to go for was wondering if any 1 can help me or show me a good web site to look at thanks

I take it you have seen this ??
    http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/

Spend a few hours (days ?) looking thro "post pics of your cue" thread, gotta be some inspiration there, or just stick to good old plain ebony

Comment

yea so far i like the mw on page 5 its nice

Comment

Also Have a looksy on parris cue builder to fella, go through all the design variations, give you a good idea what style you like best.

Comment

Pool cue.jpg A different angle of the Mannock. Have you tried the Parris Cue Builder??? Great timing Cally.

Comment

Originally Posted by cameron0606 View Post
            hey i am going to ordder a new cue not sure who with yet robin cook or trevor white but not sure what to go for was wondering if any 1 can help me or show me a good web site to look at thanks
            As the others have said, try parris cue builder, MW vcm and post pictures thread.

U are always recommending dunns cues, you must have looked through their gallery. IMO its the most comprehensive website for cue pictures.

Another site to try is Jason Owens. http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

It has link to his cues and also the hundreds of old cues he has owned / sent pictures off. As with the other two names you have mentioned, if you order from Jason you will not be disappointed. The advantage to Jason is if you purchase a standard length, tip size and weight, look after it well and keep safe, the cue will only increase in value as his reputation and costs go sky high.

I have never owned Trev cue but they look top notch and majority of his posts I read are class. I have and still do own a Robin cue and Cue Guru cue, plus had many jobs done by Robin and looked at the cues he working on his workshop. He is an amazing craftsman.

I know you have started a few cue threads and going through the motion of loving cues. Maybe the only way is to put all ur ideas in a hat and draw one out

Good luck to you Mark.
            Last edited by jaffa.johnson; 26 January 2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
              As the others have said, try parris cue builder, MW vcm and post pictures thread.

U are always recommending dunns cues, you must have looked through their gallery. IMO its the most comprehensive website for cue pictures.

Another site to try is Jason Owens. http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

It has link to his cues and also the hundreds of old cues he has owned / sent pictures off. As with the other two names you have mentioned, if you order from Jason you will not be disappointed. The advantage to Jason is if you purchase a standard length, tip size and weight, look after it well and keep safe, the cue will only increase in value as his reputation and costs go sky high.

I have never owned Trev cue but they look top notch and majority of his posts I read are class. I have and still do own a Robin cue and Cue Guru cue, plus had many jobs done by Robin and looked at the cues he working on his workshop. He is an amazing craftsman.

I know you have started a few cue threads and going through the motion of loving cues. Maybe the only way is to put all ur ideas in a hat and draw one out

Good luck to you Mark.
              ^^What Jaffa said^^ Excellent post, accurate + helpful. Cue builder/VCM are the way forward.
              When you decide what you want, you can take a screenprint, and email Jason/Trevor/Robin requesting a price. Another couple to possibly bear in mind is Andy Travis or Mastercraft. They are two other makers who's reputation gets better all the time, and very competitively priced.
              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

yea so far i like the mw on page 5 its nice
                Hi there, can I ask which page 5 are you referring to?
                You can also look at some previous work by Dan Shelton (just for ideas you understand not for orders )
                http://s611.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=SNC01478.jpg
                cheers bubby
                Last edited by DeanH; 26 January 2012, 11:58 AM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

hey jrc750 could u tell me what wood on the splice of pic number 29 thanks as that looks good

Comment

dean i ment page 5 on the post pic of your cues thread lol sorry mate

Comment

hey jrc750 could u tell me what wood on the splice of pic number 29 thanks as that looks good
                      This one ? That is the lovely wood called cocobola, i have a cue on order with Robin Cook that will be a full butt made from this
                      http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/cues/tw_29.jpg

Comment

dean i ment page 5 on the post pic of your cues thread lol sorry mate
                        On what I could see, there is a Mike Wooldridge, which has red veneers and 4 burrwood splices, and a Trevor White, which also has a burrwood splice. They might be Thuya Burr, but I'm not certain.
                        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

yer its nice i like that might use that lol thanks for all your help still looking tho lol

Comment

You can just ask your cue maker of your choice and he will probably work with you on the design via email or over the phone. Most cue makers can send you pictures of their past work to give you some ideas, some even have some advanced software to help you see what your final cue may look like. In the hands of a great craftsman even a plain ebony cue can look super nice. Personally, I would say Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White, and Dave Coutts are all very good and you will not be diappointed either way. Good luck.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

ok thanks mate will do just going to take my time as its a long time to wait and then i dont like what it looks like lol

Comment

Working...
                              X