Wood Dyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Dyes

Hi there im just wondering whether any of you guys have ever used wood dye to darken the shaft on a cue. I have done this years ago on an ash cue which gave a beautiful dark mature honey finish which enhanced the cue beautifully. My other question is if i was to buy this dye which type would be more suitable, solvent or water based? Hopefully if any of the cue makers out there are watching this thread id appreciate any info, thanks.

There was a thread on this a few months ago. Someone did it to their cue and said it came out beautifully. Probably best to get a cheap nasty cue to try it on first to make sure you don't mess up your pride and joy though.... Try searching dye, that might bring it up. It can definately be done with no detriment if done properly. JP dyed a cue purple for Ronnie a few years ago because of some sponsorship thing for Premier Inn.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

You're right dean, here's the link to the thread

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...rker-Cue-Shaft

Comment

thank fellas for that, yeah i did this when i was a kid on a plain ash cue which id re-furruled and tapered came up lovely aged finish, tho the dye colour was indian rosewood and very dark the cue seemed to absorb a good bit of the colour and it came out a good bit lighter when dry. This was solvent based tho im wondrin whether to use water base or solvent base, any ideas? or pros and cons?

Comment

Working...
        X