Peradon Cues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Cues.

Hello, just wanted to ask the question to you knowledgeable folk.

Looking to order a better cue in the next few days and have been looking at the Peradon range in particular the Joe Davis one.

Would it be a wise choice for playing twice a week and hopefully improve a little?

Due respect to Peradon but there are a lot better cues out there for this price bracket take a look at Craftsman Cues Web Site I have a Phoenix Mark Williams Hand Spliced Customized to my spec, £210... and a Phoenix Machine Spliced £ 84, I also have a Peradon Regal and the Phoenix cues are far superior, even the basic Machine Spliced.
    Last edited by denja; 28 January 2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Yes the difference is in the finish, a lot of people don't know that. Craftsman have a lot of machine-spliced Master Cue and Phoenix cues with an oil finish in that price range. If you get one with right stiffness and balance it will play as well as any other cue. Peradon has a kind lacquer finish on stock cues that will become annoying over time.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Could not agree more that lacquer finish is a pain ! it gets sticky in warm conditions and you are forever using your cue towel, I think in some cases famous brand names trade on their history of great cues rather than their current product and quality control is not that good. We should never frown on cues made in somewhere like Thailand because lets face it they want the trade and are willing to give value for money to get into the market, Craftsman Cues GREAT ! I have purchased all my cues and snooker equipment from them Simon and Dave are a fine example of OLD SCHOOL service.

Comment

Hmmm, so general opinion would be to try and up my budget a fraction and look at Craftsmen Cues. Well would seem silly to me if I didn't look into that then.

Just looked and the cheapest one in the Mark Williams range looks very tidy. Also looked through the Phoenix range and they look nice to, and for very little more money as you all say. Hmmmm too much choice lol.

More reading and research to do I feel.

Comment

Also Consider a Master Cue! Which alot of people will tell you they are the Best Value/Quality for Money!

Dave Brown at Craftsman has these Master Cues in Stock so does Stu at Green Baize and he has GBL Cues which are nice also.

Will depend on Personal Preference and Budget!

Good Luck m8.

Gaz.

Comment

If you cant get to Craftsman in person give them a ring and talk to Simon or Dave they will put you on the right track, There was a plain ebony butt Phoenix machine spliced (I have this cue as a back up) that was cheaper (£84) than the ones listed ! maybe they have sold out ?, I have the MARK WILLIAMS HAND SPLICED WITH OAK Dave customized the length and taper to my spec, Its a beautiful cue.
              Last edited by denja; 28 January 2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Had a good look through the Craftmans cues website and spoke to the them and I've ordered a nice one from their pheonix range.

It's a little longer than what i'm using now but I think it will suit me better as I have long arms lol. Looking forward to it arriving soon.

Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Working...
                X