No announcement yet.

fedia rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If blackplate Hunt and Osbornes are going for £3500 upwards in China...........is this under priced

Will for sure be going to a collector in the Far East
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Don't give him any ideas lol, he may add another £500 on
      Maybe Arbitrage may think it's a good price, but he seems to have more money than sense

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        It is obviously up at that price for a reason ...........there is a market for this make of cue .
        To make a nice few quid maybe ?

For Tony Meo though by the looks of things........

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Oh and i forgot to mention this was the real reason Alex Hurricane Higgins went mad in the 1990 World Championship, he was promised he could have the embassy cue once more for what would have been his third title but then wasn't allowed at the last minute, resulting in the " you can shove your snooker up your jacksie " press conference. The reason had been kept a secret all these years until the famous embassy cue appeared for sale but now everyone knows i think it may be worth another £400 on top.........;-)

It is also claimed that Cliff Thorburn and Alex Higgins had a fight over the cue in the 1980 World Championship Final, with Cliff winning in the end, but sadly i've not been able to confirm this so please don't let it influence your own valuations of the cue, it would not be right for anyone to be mis-lead in anyway..........;-)
          Hehe comical,

Comment

i don't set the price the market does!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

no wonder Tony Meo didn't win much though the spec is terrible for a snooker cue.......

what would Jimmy Whites H & O be worth then do you think ?

Comment

no wonder Tony Meo didn't win much though the spec is terrible for a snooker cue.......

what would Jimmy Whites H & O be worth then do you think ?
                but great for 9 ball? - £5k i would guess.

Comment

did he use this as his actual snooker cue then or just for pool ? spec just seems poor for snooker.....

£5k blimey ......

Comment

did he use this as his actual snooker cue then or just for pool ? spec just seems poor for snooker.....

£5k blimey ......
                    not sure - i found it rather good for snooker! £5k for one of the worlds most iconic cues is not bad. i sold one of jimmys cues once for £1700 - i am sure i would get more for it now.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      not sure - i found it rather good for snooker! £5k for one of the worlds most iconic cues is not bad. i sold one of jimmys cues once for £1700 - i am sure i would get more for it now.
                      Was that the one he made his 147 with? Always wondered where that cue ended up, grain on it looked pretty messy though, the side he aimed down literally had 1 large grain loop about reaching the ferrule from about the half way point on the shaft.

Wouldn't mind knowing where o"sullivans heavily modified burwat ended up as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        Was that the one he made his 147 with? Always wondered where that cue ended up, grain on it looked pretty messy though, the side he aimed down literally had 1 large grain loop about reaching the ferrule from about the half way point on the shaft.

Wouldn't mind knowing where o"sullivans heavily modified burwat ended up as well.
                        not sure but the guy who bought it then ran into jimmy who spoptted the cue and said straight away - thats one of mine!

Comment

Working...
                        X