No announcement yet.

Fault with Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a nothing imperfection - gives it character and proves its hand made! if you understand how its made you will realise that such things are pretty common. what matters is that the cue plays well.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Do you mind showing off the rest of the cue? The ash looks good from the little I can see.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Let's see if this works...

Comment

Photos

I've tried pointing at an image on my harrd disk. No luck. Tried using Photobucket. No luck. Last try...

http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/...rrent=Butt.jpg

Comment

Works fine. Pointing to hard-drive never works
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Seeing as there is no ebony on this cue, and only a single front splice, is the cue very light ????

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Seeing as there is no ebony on this cue, and only a single front splice, is the cue very light ????
                No, it's the weight I specified - 18oz. My old cue was very similar in design and I like not having any ebony or rosewood splices. I'm no expert but it feels nicely balanced to me.

Comment

They picked a nice bit of ash for it. Can understand you wanting to get that splice perfect now! But still, it's a great looking cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
                    They picked a nice bit of ash for it. Can understand you wanting to get that splice perfect now! But still, it's a great looking cue.
                    Thanks for the comment. I am very pleased with it. Some folk seem to disliike Peradon but I found them to be a good company to deal with and now that I understand that imperfections sometimes happen when a cue is made by hand, I'd have not hesitation recommending them.

Comment

I would not really consider that an imperfection on a Peradon cue.
                      That is a nice piece of snakewood you got there. Keep the cue and start potting balls with it.:-)
                      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 5 February 2012, 05:44 AM.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I really like that design actually. I've read that the cue wizard shafts are pretty good, any chance of seeing the whole cue or am I pushing my luck?

Comment

I've tried to capture the grain but it's quite difficult to get a full shot of a cue that's small enough to fit in Photobucket but I think you'll be able to see the grain in this picture.

Comment

Doh!

http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/...ckandFront.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X