No announcement yet.

hunt and o'byrne black label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it does bother me i have to say! not looking to sell it either, so i shall look into sending it off to be cleaned up thanks for advice mate been helpful! ill put some pics on tomorrow as its a bit late now but i will defo put some up!

whats this thread about a fake one? '2500 broomstick'?

Comment

no the dents are just where it has been knocked about a touch unfortunatly, but its still perfectly straight. my old man reckons hes had it for 15yrs plus

ill put some pics on tomoorow bud

Comment

Originally Posted by joeyhollo View Post
        yeah it does bother me i have to say! not looking to sell it either, so i shall look into sending it off to be cleaned up thanks for advice mate been helpful! ill put some pics on tomorrow as its a bit late now but i will defo put some up!

whats this thread about a fake one? '2500 broomstick'?
        Far too long a story to try and explain, but the cue is NOT fake it's 100% genuine.

Comment

was going to say mine looks spitting image of that cue! will put pictures on tomorrow to see all think

Comment

I would personally take it in person to a Top Cue Maker and Not Post it thru Post Unless you send in very Hard Case and use a Good Safe Courier Service.

Also I wouldnt get it Alterd in any way re-finishing the Cue and Getting dints out is no big Deal as that wont affect it if done right! Some Cue Colectors like Original.

You gotta think do you wanna Sell it or Keep it?

Gaz.

Comment

Depends where you live , as to where to take your cue . Cleaning the cue won't de-value it .

Also stick some pics up and they guys on here will tell you all about the cue . Sometimes 3/4 joints are added after a cue was made and not be the original manufacturer . So this would de-value the cue . Post a pic of the joint .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Mastercraft is at Rodington , Shrewsbury .Thats in Shropshire , but is it close enough to you ? If it is , why not take the cue to David at Mastercraft and ask his opinion.I would also advise taking the cue in person NOT posting.

Comment

Don't let Fedia/Woolf147 see this thread, he'll be telling you that cues with dents have to be thrown away as they are no longer any good, but as a gesture out of kindness he'll offer you £30.

He will then have it refinished, the magic cue oil that he uses will have this cue potting by itself in no time at all, it will be amazing around the pink and black. His price on ebay will be £2,000 +, that includes free postage though to be fair.
                  sigpic

Comment

Take it to Mastercraft to get cleaned up as Old School says. Whilst its there, use the search in the top right corner ^ ^ to look up previous threads on H&O black plate cues. They are renowned for being great playing cues, and gain in value all the time.
                    Removing dents won't decrease the value (if its done well), and it doesn't hurt to have a nice looking cue as well as a nice playing one.
                    Value wise (I'm no expert on these cues), going on what I've read on the forum and throughout the internet, you'd probably looking at starting at a minimum of about £750. If you put up an auction with that as the starting bid, I think you would have it in a couple of hours. Maximum is what someone will pay for it.... Not bad for a 15 year old bit of wood off your dad, is it??
                    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                      First things first, the Tony Meo cue is up for sale by a reputable cue dealer and is 100% genuine.

With regards to your cue, unless you know what you're doing don't touch it yourself. Assuming you are planning to sell it, send it to a reputable cue maker to have the dents removed and have it cleaned/re-finished if necessary. I wouldn't do any other alterations as that will reduce the value of the cue.
                      the other one has a joint that is not H&O !!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

thinking of taking it to burrough and watts over dudley way?? will put pics on here tomorrow have tried with this camera ive got but its bloody useless!! has got a big threaded joint. spoke to my old man today he can remember playing with it in the 70s would that sound origional or were there copies made around that time?

Comment

Would have been early 80's . Big joint sounds right though .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

could well have been 80s i remember we had a snooker table at my old house when i was like 4 and im 23 now so would sound about right. hes just found another one out a maple cue i shall get the name off him. ill borrow my mates camera in the morning and shall get some pics on here so i can see what u all think.

Comment

Originally Posted by joeyhollo View Post
                              thinking of taking it to burrough and watts over dudley way?? will put pics on here tomorrow have tried with this camera ive got but its bloody useless!! has got a big threaded joint. spoke to my old man today he can remember playing with it in the 70s would that sound origional or were there copies made around that time?
                              don't do that - you have plenty of good advice on here!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The cue will not go bad just sitting there the way it is, but if you do something to it without really knowing what you are doing you could de-value or damage the cue as some of these things are irrevisible.
                                We are talking about a cue that could get you 800 GBP or much more in the Asian market in decent condition. Little dents and tarnish on the ferrule is not a big deal to most collectors.
                                I would advise not to do anything to it, just keep it in a decent case and yes...please show us some pictures.
                                If you want to sell it, sell it here or on ebay...
                                You can get more money if you sell it to the real user other than a cue trader and some Asian buyers are willing to pay a lot for a cue like this.
                                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X