Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris line of pool queues

Hi,

I have been doing a bit of searching via google and this forum, and I cant seem to find any sort or review or comments about the Parris line of pool queues. Has anyone tried these queues or otherwise heard about them?

Pool Cue !

I was in the shop when someone ordered one but no , never seen a review .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Most serious pool players use American style 1/2 jointed pool cues which have a weird taper. The Parris ones are more similar to a snooker cue apart from having a bigger plastic ferrule. Cant see him selling many of them to be honest.

Comment

Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
        Most serious pool players use American style 1/2 jointed pool cues which have a weird taper. The Parris ones are more similar to a snooker cue apart from having a bigger plastic ferrule. Cant see him selling many of them to be honest.
        Parris did mention on their website that they are made with a pool taper though I'm not sure if it's the "professional" taper often mentioned in the American pool community.

I was under the impression that Steve Davis used a JP-made pool cue too when he was playing a bit of 9-ball pool some time ago.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
          Parris did mention on their website that they are made with a pool taper though I'm not sure if it's the "professional" taper often mentioned in the American pool community.

I was under the impression that Steve Davis used a JP-made pool cue too when he was playing a bit of 9-ball pool some time ago.
          Pretty sure drago uses parris made pool cues as well.

Comment

I would want to know more about the type of joint he's using but it's nice that you can get one tailored to your specs. There's a lot of quality cues from the US that are cheaper though and play really well. Viking are good honest cues and I quite like Mezz from Japan, they have a great range of shafts.
            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by eaoin11 View Post
              I would want to know more about the type of joint he's using but it's nice that you can get one tailored to your specs. There's a lot of quality cues from the US that are cheaper though and play really well. Viking are good honest cues and I quite like Mezz from Japan, they have a great range of shafts.
              A fellow forum member recommended Mezz. I went for their EC7 model... it is a cracking cue. Especially liked the joint, really snug fit.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I thought Mezz were a USA company?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I thought Mezz were a USA company?
                  It's Japanese... you can read more about the company's history at:

http://www.miki-mezz.com/world/company

Nice website.

Comment

cool, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      cool, thanks for the info.
                      Anytime, Dean... rumour has it that they may be coming up with snooker cues... :snooker:

Comment

yep saw that but the button not active

Comment

I really think that with the Mezz EC7, Axi or ACE series you get a cue that will play as well as anything money can buy. Their performance shafts feel solid and aren't laminated which is good because laminated shafts have a tendency to become sticky due to the glue lines.

You get a firmer hit with the united joint on the EC7 and a softer 'wood to wood' feel with the wavy joint. The wavy joint is the Mezz version of the radial pin which has become quite popular on custom US style pool cues. I met a pro in Kokura who was using an Axi-K with WD 700 shaft and was surprised at what he could do on the snooker table with it, running up 40 plus breaks in no time at all.
                          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                          X