New Tip Wanted For Uk8 Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tip Wanted For Uk8 Ball

Just wanted some members opinions what tip is best suited for Uk8 ball pool.

Whether its laminated or pressed tips.

What experience have you had with different tips and what would you recommend i should try,

Thanks

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
    Just wanted some members opinions what tip is best suited for Uk8 ball pool.

Whether its laminated or pressed tips.

What experience have you had with different tips and what would you recommend i should try,

Thanks
    Matt,

Plenty of recent threads on this. Do some research

Basically its personal preference.

Comment

Dont play pool but i would think a B D water buffalo would be ideal , its very grippy , responsive nice and firm but not hard , holds the chalk brill and is lovely for soft touch shots . M W is another i,d recommend .

Comment

I prefer a pressed tip for pool, I usually use blue velvets, buffalo diamonds or the occasional elk when I manage to find a good'n.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
          I prefer a pressed tip for pool, I usually use blue velvets, buffalo diamonds or the occasional elk when I manage to find a good'n.
          Id go along with that muck , i cant imagine a laminated tip being better than a pressed for pool especially on the soft touch shots .

Comment

Thanks fellas yeah will invest in a few of them.

Yeah Jaffa just at the moment not had time to read through all the previous posts.

Comment

As was said its all about personal taste
              I use mostly laminated tips for pool
              Soft versions of the kamui brown (not black) or moori slow are fine for all the shots in the book
              Pricey though
              Ive also used milk duds which are essentially a pressed tip soaked in milk then compressed these are pretty good too

Comment

I am currently trying out a Pool Baron, soft pressed tip, very good and seems to be lasting very well.
                Previously I had a Tweentens Buffalo Diamond Plus which was very good but I chipped it
                :snooker:
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks everyone alot of people agree about the Buffalo Diamond Plus so looks like that will be the option.

Comment

I dont know much about uk 8 ball but i play 9 ball with a brand new tip. Black Heart Tips . Shooting with a soft at the moment hits very consistant.

Comment

I have Played Pool/Snooker for many years and I Prefer the following for Pool......

Blue Diamond Tip - You may have to Fit a couple to find good one but worth it in the end good grip for pool and holds chalk well no misscues.

Elk Master Tip - Also ok for Pool and grips ok but not as good as Blue Diamond.

Friends of mine like the New Kamui Tip for Pool Medium/Hard dont buy the Soft as they dont last long at all very Costly! I dont like these for Snooker or Pool as they are a very Hard Tip til they have been played in for long while and doesnt hold Triangle Chalk well at all.

My Personal Opinion would be Blue Diamond Tip or Elk.

Gaz.

Comment

I use a MW Supertip, but i've ordered some Pro Granite from ADR to see what they are like.

Comment

I use Mike Wooldridge Supertip for 8 ball. I have tried a few laminates e.g. Talisman S, M and also Phoenix M but prefer pressed tips.

I tried Buffalo Diamond Plus once and thought they were too soft for my liking but perhaps I didn't give it enough time to bed in properly and changed it to MW tip as I just dont want to spend days/weeks of playing with a tip that didn't feel right before it might come good.

The MW Super tips play well from the start with virtually no bedding in! I also think different tips suit different cues and a stiff shaft may benefit from a softer tip and a whippy cue may benefit more from a firmer tip...

Have fun testing

Comment

I use MW Supertip for Snooker they are great as soon as you put them on they are like they have been knocked in for many hours!

I also have some MW Laminated Brown Tips like Talisman which I havent used yet seem very hard like Kamui,Talisman.

Gaz.

Comment

I have been using these buffalo hercules tips from ADR.

ADR told me these were the softest of the laminated tips and after testing. I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X