Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ile find mine out and take pics of them and post

Comment

here you are my 3 hixons left 2 right is a butterfly spliced which i think is the oldest,a machine spliced and a handspliced

Comment

I think you are right , Jim . Butterfly splice circa late 1800s early 1900s , Machine splice early 1900s ( pre 1930) and handsplice looks to be 1930s before becoming Ltd and just before Smith and Nelson , possibly even one of the last cues they did before Ltd status. If you still have the j.pegs of my Hixons I sent you , perhaps you would be so kind to put them up , with this thread.Thanks , Jim , for sharing, much appreciated , an old company that does not get the recognition I think it should.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
          I think you are right , Jim . Butterfly splice circa late 1800s early 1900s , Machine splice early 1900s ( pre 1930) and handsplice looks to be 1930s before becoming Ltd and just before Smith and Nelson , possibly even one of the last cues they did before Ltd status. If you still have the j.pegs of my Hixons I sent you , perhaps you would be so kind to put them up , with this thread.Thanks , Jim , for sharing, much appreciated , an old company that does not get the recognition I think it should.
          these are micks hixons just beat me to them

Comment

Nice cues :snooker:
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
              these are micks hixons smashing arnt they he just beat me to them

Comment

Thanks for putting the j.pegs up Jim. Yes they are nice " willtyson" , the butts of the cues are made from full Padauk over ebony veneers with an ebony front splice over either boxwood or maple veneers.It is so nice to see a cue made with a different timber used for the butt ( different as in , not ebony or rosewood) and even though I have estimated these cues as 80 - 85 yrs old , believe me when I say that the Padauk ,positively glows , the j.pegs do not do these cues justice.Nice to have a matched pair , one ash ,one maple, they are the same length and within 1/2 oz of each other and play really well.Apart from the absence of a badge the only real difference is that the maple has a slightly slimmer butt.The suggestion from Glovers is that the maple may have been a bespoke piece although I can not confirm this.

Comment

Working...
                X